Potential Buyers - get the 20 free games and the low price...

#1xLexLuth0rxPosted 7/28/2011 8:22:28 AM
Pretty sure this is doable and I'm obviously not the first one to think of it. But if you buy the system in the coming 2 weeks from a retailer that does price matching, you'll be able to register on the e-store as well as get a price match when the system drops in price.

The only possibility I can see as an issue with this is that if Nintendo changes the SKU come the 12th and then you're out of luck. Either way, I've been on the fence and I'm glad to finally have a reason to go pick one up.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof* he's gone."
#2Cave_LionPosted 7/28/2011 8:24:50 AM
Price match to what? SKU is irelevant. IT's based on connecting to E-store. They have tons of 3DS they haven't sold and will not sell until Price drop takes effect.

The only way you can do it is if you do the price change policy thing. Though if you're asmart retailer you'll change that policy ASAP.
---
http://www.manimalworks.com/plaatjes/kaartfotos/homotheriumweb/homot02.jpg
#3GameShtopperPosted 7/28/2011 8:26:39 AM

CAG has confirmed that this will work.

#4xLexLuth0rx(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 8:26:51 AM
I'm stating that if I buy it through Frys, a local retailer with a 30-day price guarantee, and then Nintendo releases a new SKU'd version of the 3DS on the 12th, Frys is under no obligation to price guarantee it because it's not technically the same product.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
#5Nate_DihldorffPosted 7/28/2011 8:29:36 AM
xLexLuth0rx posted...
I'm stating that if I buy it through Frys, a local retailer with a 30-day price guarantee, and then Nintendo releases a new SKU'd version of the 3DS on the 12th, Frys is under no obligation to price guarantee it because it's not technically the same product.

There won't be a new SKU. ALL 3DS units are being marked down to $169.

Read: DS Lite mark down.
---
http://kotaku.com/5811665/2011-is-all-about-the-gun-barrels
#6Fuzzy__LogicPosted 7/28/2011 8:32:18 AM
I am 900% sure that retailers are smart enough not to price match for ANNOUNCED drops in prices, particularly when you get bonuses for buying before that drop.

I hope to god that each and every person trying to scam their way into getting the games for free but only paying 160 dollars gets stuck with the full price.
---
http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k484/WeLoveKanjimari/Ponies/dinky_running.gif
#7Nate_DihldorffPosted 7/28/2011 8:33:51 AM
Fuzzy__Logic posted...
I am 900% sure that retailers are smart enough not to price match for ANNOUNCED drops in prices, particularly when you get bonuses for buying before that drop.

I hope to god that each and every person trying to scam their way into getting the games for free but only paying 160 dollars gets stuck with the full price.

Not going to happen. Walmart's price match guarantee, baby!
---
http://kotaku.com/5811665/2011-is-all-about-the-gun-barrels
#8xLexLuth0rx(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 8:34:46 AM
Fuzzy__Logic posted...

Well if they can prove that I knew about the price dropping on the day I bought it, that's fine. But they can't. I'm just a stupid silly consumer who somehow stumbled upon a good deal. :P
---
#9GEKGanonPosted 7/28/2011 8:37:18 AM
Best Buy's price drop policy states that certain items can be excluded. Nintendo isn't stupid. They are probably going to get the 3DS excluded for any units sold as of now.
---
Name: Daniel / Town: Poo-land / FC: 0817-8041-6018
#10CorruptedRPGPosted 7/28/2011 8:38:39 AM
SwindleFAQs
---
C. Playing: