20 free games AND exclusives...not bad nintendo, not bad at all

#21hayleywiIIiamsPosted 7/28/2011 9:10:43 AM
There's no need to appeal to early adopters. Their money has already been spent. Companies don't try to sell themselves to people who are already customers... it's basic marketing.
#22DarkOmegaWeaponPosted 7/28/2011 2:41:52 PM
Howfish posted...
DarkOmegaWeapon posted...
These games are not free, every early adopters already paid $80 in advance.

However, this is much better than receiving nothing.

this is illogical and demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of basic microeconomic principles and perceived value work.

Firstly, people did not pay $80 for those games. The games are free. When the console was purchased, the perceived value was $250 without any free games added. This is a basic microeconomic principle here...the demand by those 710k people who bought the 3DS early warranted having the console 5 months early knowing some day the price may drop.

Now, nintendo is giving 20 free games to people who bought it early. Since the perceived value of the console is already 250 since that is the price they purchased it at, it is entirely illogical to say the games were paid for since it's obvious they were not (no one knew about them until today so no one paid with the intention of free games, they paid with the intention of playing it early).

Therefore, the perceived value of the console is now even higher than 250 for those early adopters. Saying otherwise is simply demonstrating a level of ignorance regarding these basic principles (any college level business/economics major would be well aware of this) or a complete lack of regard for these well established concepts which is also similarly a display of ignorance.

Thanks for the information, even though I did knew/understand all of that (even if you don't believe me).

What I've said is just a point of view (even it's weird, one of many points here in the forum), maybe it was better to add something like "it's like paying $80 in advance" lol. In my personal opinion, I do not regret paying full price and obviously did not expect receiving 20 games.

There is no legal reason for Nintendo to give something to early adopters due to a fast price drop, it's pretty obvious. People pay for what they want, as I did.

Hell, I bought this month a 42" 3D LED HDTV for just $900 and bought a pair of glasses for $90... some weeks later I found the same combo for the same price of the TV alone (glasses included are free).
---
http://www.backloggery.com/darkaura
http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/collection.pl?action=profile&name=Dark Aura&folder=Collection
#23RelevenPosted 7/28/2011 2:51:02 PM
See, THIS is why I love Nintendo. They're honest.

Both Sony and M$ would never do anything like this. Hell, even when Sony had the PSN problem (that lasted 2 months here in JPN) we got a choice of 2 CRAP games from a list of about 5 crap titles.

I also remember about a year ago, Wii's net browser went free again, after I paid 500 yen go buy it. Nintendo gave everyone that bought it a free VC game. Just like now, they REALLY didn't have to, but they did.

And that goes for today as well. It's not just what they are doing for us who already have 3DS, but the price drop itself. I know it's heat from PSV and all, but in my book, they really didn't need to drop the price cause the 3DS is amazing.Now it's cheaper than a PSP here.
F ing brilliant.
#24DarkOmegaWeaponPosted 7/28/2011 2:54:16 PM
Releven posted...
See, THIS is why I love Nintendo. They're honest.

Both Sony and M$ would never do anything like this. Hell, even when Sony had the PSN problem (that lasted 2 months here in JPN) we got a choice of 2 CRAP games from a list of about 5 crap titles.

I also remember about a year ago, Wii's net browser went free again, after I paid 500 yen go buy it. Nintendo gave everyone that bought it a free VC game. Just like now, they REALLY didn't have to, but they did.

And that goes for today as well. It's not just what they are doing for us who already have 3DS, but the price drop itself. I know it's heat from PSV and all, but in my book, they really didn't need to drop the price cause the 3DS is amazing.Now it's cheaper than a PSP here.
F ing brilliant.

You're right :)

Honestly, even if I paid full price, I'm happy for those who will buy it at a lower price, so this platform can be successful faster and better games can come faster.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/darkaura
http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/collection.pl?action=profile&name=Dark Aura&folder=Collection
#25idrc82Posted 7/28/2011 2:55:19 PM
Who cares if the gba games come out later to the public. We get 10 for free. For a game like metroid fusion I highly doubt nintendo would charge anything below 9.99 usd. If you compare prices with gbc games. I've played all those games when they came out but no longer own a copy so I'm very happy.
---
PSN: XgamblorX
3DS fc:3566-1563-5949