anyone else feel ripped off now?

#41jenningsnash313Posted 7/28/2011 10:02:58 AM
Uiru posted...
YOU

paid $249.99

YOU

YOU

YOU

Don't like being an early adopter? DON'T BE AN EARLY ADOPTER. My brand new $170 3DS w/ 20 free games incoming is the result of me looking at the current offerings and saying "I CAN WAIT", as I did with my PS3, DS, PSP, GC, PS2... hell, the only system I can say for sure I bought at launch was my Wii.

Nintendo owed us nothing and decided to give out the games anyway. More to the point, they owed YOU nothing, because they set a price, you agreed to it, transaction over. If you feel ripped off, you ripped yourself off.
---
~Uiru

This exactly. Nintendo doesn't owe anybody here ****, but they decided to anyway. You're the one that decided to buy it quickly, you couldn't wait.

And did you not see the games they're giving you? Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros., Metroid Fusion, Ice Climbers, Mario Kart: Super Circuit? There's 5 classics for you right there, so stop complaining about your mistakes.
---
Phoenix Suns = :(
#42SlaysmePosted 7/28/2011 10:04:44 AM
No one got ripped off. I'm sure you knew there would inevitably be a price cut. The onlyreason there is any compensation is that they feel that the earlier adaptors, who paid 250 ish will be upset, because it came so soon. But between that and owning the VB2011, what would you really rather see go down? Price or software library? Hardly anyone was buying the thing , most owners purchased at or near launch day. Software support was promised by third parties, who then saw the sales trends and either cancelled, delayed, or substituted crappy iOS bound games for real titles. (pokemon rumble instead of a gamecube port?, FFRythym? Capcom's rip off of iOS game papa Sangre? I call fulfillment of contractual obligations. Quick and dirty. There are not really any newly announced games worth a damm, I know the big N has a few upcoming, but there not newly being developed.the ones that are popping up are easy cash-ins, and more ports of obvious mobile/"arcade" titles. )

If they want to pursue this, they need to cease production of all other ds systems. Let the supplies sell out and then there stands one DS model this holiday season. It plays ds games, so there ya go.

No, you should have just listened to your self/ friends / whoever, Im Sure someone said to wait.
Here's the thing with that. Someone has to buy the first run models or there will never be a second. They don't want the wii u or other future endeavors to fail, so they are attempting to thank the ones who made it get this far, mostly on faith in N. There's no big issue here, they don't want your system to be useless and devoid of gaming titles even more than you can imagine. They are taking action that seems desperate, but realize that the price of the vita was a big surprise to just about everyone, surely including nintendo. But if they had dropped the price at that announcement, they would have shown weakness and cowardice. Now that not many consoles are being sold, and software is disappearing left and right, they Must take action. Get some support back on board.

Would you rather have an 80$ shorter wallet or a 250 brick. Get it? Sell it now before the masses hear if it's that bad.
---
3ds boards. Home of the Super Nintendo Defender Squad! We are here to stand behind terrible ideology and archaic business practice.
#43lil_mocchi(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 10:10:02 AM
Jeraleep posted...
if you don't think the games are worth playing, then you aren't the people who nintendo is trying to appease. it's most dedicated and loyal customers for 25+ yeras like myself think most of those games are gold and remember playing them to death. if you don't think they are worth playing, go play the halo games you love or the crash bandicoot games you grew up with.

I been a loyal customers for over 25 years I got my first nintendo in 1986 and I have played these games before, if your a so called dedicated and loyal customers then you have as to so getting a chance to replay the games on the 3ds is nothing to get excited about ...I remember a time when a palette swap excited me but that was 20 years ago.
---
PSN:kropodra
3DS FC 4554-0007-9846
#44VampiricDragon_Posted 7/28/2011 10:13:03 AM
Why would I feel ripped off? Its history now.

A mature person doesnt look back and grumble over lost money ( you learn that in finance). I consider it money well spent.
---
Games to Watch: SRW OG 2, SMT Devil Survivor 2, Grand Knight History, 7th dragon 2020, Paper Mario 3ds, Dragon Quest X, FF Type-0, LoH: Trails of Blue
#45KoopalmierPosted 7/28/2011 10:13:36 AM
It's not like Nintendo doesn't thank us early adopters and Nintendo fans for buying the console early (I personally got it on day 1). So, no, I don't feel ripped off.
---
Ono suspects Mario could easily defeat M. Bison.
#46RedHastePosted 7/28/2011 10:13:42 AM
Buying anything at launch
When will you kids learn...
#47JeraleepPosted 7/28/2011 10:24:24 AM
lil_mocchi posted...
Jeraleep posted...
if you don't think the games are worth playing, then you aren't the people who nintendo is trying to appease. it's most dedicated and loyal customers for 25+ yeras like myself think most of those games are gold and remember playing them to death. if you don't think they are worth playing, go play the halo games you love or the crash bandicoot games you grew up with.

I been a loyal customers for over 25 years I got my first nintendo in 1986 and I have played these games before, if your a so called dedicated and loyal customers then you have as to so getting a chance to replay the games on the 3ds is nothing to get excited about ...I remember a time when a palette swap excited me but that was 20 years ago.

so says the admitted pirate, who not only pirates nintendo software, but also plays it on its competitors hardware. nobody cares about your complaints. you feel ripped off? im sure nintendo will feel ripped off as soon as you start to pirate 3DS software.
---
Proud hater of Team PS3rd place
#48lil_mocchi(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 11:22:12 AM
real mature...
I paid for the games a long time ago so its not like i did not pay for them, why should I have to re buy them just to play them on another system when I already own them?
---
PSN:kropodra
3DS FC 4554-0007-9846
#49Baha05Posted 7/28/2011 11:25:06 AM
lil_mocchi posted...
real mature...
I paid for the games a long time ago so its not like i did not pay for them, why should I have to re buy them just to play them on another system when I already own them?

Don't buy them on another system then? Or just it's easier to buy them again when it feels right.
#50joshmck12Posted 7/28/2011 11:39:49 AM
"is there even 5 Nintendo eshop games worth playing?"

picking out 20 good (AAA) games from nes and gba is hard for you? you must hate games.

and no, i dont feel ripped off. I bought the 3ds on launch day and have gotten ~10 3ds games as well as ~10 downloadable games. Ive put over 100 hours easily into the system and am pleased greatly. When the new (not ports) first party games start trickling in this fall and i get my 20 free games i will be even more than happy.
---
i miss being joshmck12