$250 - $170 = $80... are 20 free eShop games the equivalent of $80?

#11ClickagePosted 7/28/2011 10:35:51 AM
Second_Chances posted...
GBA isnít free and since each NES game is 5 on the Wii you still love a good 30

Where'd you hear that?
---
Demilynx's alt.
Not changing this sig until people stop using this stupid fad.
#12scorpio manPosted 7/28/2011 10:36:56 AM
Oh boy! A bunch of free games I already own! WHY DONT THEY RELEASE SOMETHING NEW AND ORIGINAL!?
---
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty
Xbox Live Gamer Tag - Polak Toma
#13RomanticidePosted 7/28/2011 10:37:50 AM
But it isn't actually costing Nintendo anything at all, you're not getting something they have stock of. You're getting ROM files, not a boxed copy that's hard to find so you can't compare it to eBay.

It's free though, which is nice. Is it really true that these won't be released at all afterward and is genuinely exclusive to "ambassadors"?
---
Gaming systems: PC, Ps2, Ps3, Gamecube, DS Lite, Xbox 360, Nintendo 64 and a Dreamcast
#14zerobeta3Posted 7/28/2011 10:38:32 AM
scorpio man posted...
Oh boy! A bunch of free games I already own! WHY DONT THEY RELEASE SOMETHING NEW AND ORIGINAL!?

Speak for yourself because I don't and I welcome these free games.
---
You think the funniest things when a cat is flying at your face at high speed.....
#15RPG_THEORlSTPosted 7/28/2011 10:38:48 AM

But it isn't actually costing Nintendo anything at all, you're not getting something they have stock of. You're getting ROM files, not a boxed copy that's hard to find so you can't compare it to eBay.

It's free though, which is nice. Is it really true that these won't be released at all afterward and is genuinely exclusive to "ambassadors"?

Supposedly this is true of the GBA releases, but the NES VC releases will definitely be available at a later date.
#16iLLsteezePosted 7/28/2011 10:39:58 AM
scorpio man posted...

do u plan on trolling every single thread today? serious question
---
You are ignoring 68 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#17mrekliPosted 7/28/2011 10:41:11 AM
I got 25$ credit from Amazon for buying it and 20$ from buying Samurai Warriors at launch... Then got Excitebike 3D Classic ($6) for free.. So that's 51$ value before the 20 free games. Then there's the whole deal of finishing all StreetPass content before anyone that gets it post price drop.

I think it was worth it for me.
---
3DS: 3007-8091-3598
Funtimes at Sega High.
#18RomanticidePosted 7/28/2011 10:42:12 AM
RPG_THEORlST posted...

Supposedly this is true of the GBA releases, but the NES VC releases will definitely be available at a later date.

That still seems really bizzare.
---
Gaming systems: PC, Ps2, Ps3, Gamecube, DS Lite, Xbox 360, Nintendo 64 and a Dreamcast
#19deggdegg2001Posted 7/28/2011 10:42:46 AM
The games are only worth that if you want them. If you don't want to play any of those games, the effective value is $0.

Not that I care - we shouldn't get anything free, really. Such is the cost of early adoption of any electronic. Any added value is just a perk, not to be expected.
---
There are 11 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, those who don't, and those who know binary and make stupid jokes about it.