FACT: 3DS sales will still lag with price drop

#31MichaelDeAngeloPosted 7/28/2011 10:04:34 AM
chrono625 posted...
scorpio man posted...
chrono625 posted...
FALSE - Sales are going to sky rocket with the 20 games and price drop.

Expect Nintendo to have a huge 3rd/4th QTR.

oh how fanboys crack me up

I own almost every system and I mostly game on my PC these days, fanboy? Nah, just stating the facts.

People who were on the fence about the 3DS now have no reason to wait. On top of 20 FREE GAMES that are actually AAA quality.

You mean to tell me it won't be flying off the shelves? All the huge 3DS games are also scheduled to start coming out beginning of September till December.

Just to let you know, you can't get the DS for the price drop AND get the free 20 games. The 20 free games are only for "ambassadors" who connect to the eshop prior to the August 11 at 11:59 deadline.
---
Alundra is the best top-down Zelda game since Link to the Past.
Darksiders is the best 3D Zelda game since Ocarina of Time.
#32Mr kittyPosted 7/28/2011 10:05:34 AM
Who know. If you can play DS & 3DS games & have buttons for 150. I think it worth it.
---
Intel DX58S0, Core i7 920, Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3 tri channel 1600mhz CL7, XFX HD5870 1GB, 2X250GB RAID +1TB+1TB , Antec Quattro850 850W, TC-32LZ800
#33DT-FoxPosted 7/28/2011 10:06:27 AM
gbafreak55 posted...
The new mario game, Star fox , and kid icarus kick butt. I had the opportunity to play them at Comic Con.

That's what we need! Nintendo needs to start dishing out the demos! They may not be the full AAA titles, but it'll be something...
---
Next Let's Play: TBA
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTFaux
#34TheNeoVoidPosted 7/28/2011 10:07:07 AM
I wish people would quit using the term fact. Its not fact until it happens geez.
---
'If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one.'
White FC 2837 9976 9678 Tesla
#35chrono625Posted 7/28/2011 10:07:27 AM
MichaelDeAngelo posted...
chrono625 posted...
scorpio man posted...
chrono625 posted...
FALSE - Sales are going to sky rocket with the 20 games and price drop.

Expect Nintendo to have a huge 3rd/4th QTR.

oh how fanboys crack me up

I own almost every system and I mostly game on my PC these days, fanboy? Nah, just stating the facts.

People who were on the fence about the 3DS now have no reason to wait. On top of 20 FREE GAMES that are actually AAA quality.

You mean to tell me it won't be flying off the shelves? All the huge 3DS games are also scheduled to start coming out beginning of September till December.

Just to let you know, you can't get the DS for the price drop AND get the free 20 games. The 20 free games are only for "ambassadors" who connect to the eshop prior to the August 11 at 11:59 deadline.

Just to let you know, a lot of retailers offer a price reduction guarantee. Much like Best Buy who will let you get back the price drop difference within 30 days. So if you buy a 3DS now you can head back to them with the receipt on the 11th/12th and get your difference back.

So you buy your 3DS, register and log into the e-store and become an ambassador. Enjoy your free games and $169.99 3DS.
---
http://harryskorner.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/lebrick.jpg - Skip Bayless is my idol
#36MichaelDeAngeloPosted 7/28/2011 10:07:46 AM
DT-Fox posted...
gbafreak55 posted...
The new mario game, Star fox , and kid icarus kick butt. I had the opportunity to play them at Comic Con.

That's what we need! Nintendo needs to start dishing out the demos! They may not be the full AAA titles, but it'll be something...

Personally, I think Rocket Slime 3 will be a system seller, but that's just me :-p
---
Alundra is the best top-down Zelda game since Link to the Past.
Darksiders is the best 3D Zelda game since Ocarina of Time.
#37RensatoPosted 7/28/2011 10:08:52 AM
Mmmm I will buy even if it has no cool games yet. Just to play my old ds games since I don't have my DS anymore...
#38Links_Big_KeyPosted 7/28/2011 10:09:12 AM
I agee with OP. Sales will be nonexistent until Aug 12. Then they jump for a couple of weeks, then drop back down until Mario Kart / Land come out. If sales are weak after those two games are out, I am holding out until the Spring because either another massive price drop will happen,and / or Nintendo will upgrade the screen and battery life.

Who knows, if new Mario games can't move big numbers after an $80 drop, then Spring 2012 might see a $170 3Ds XL with a 10 hour battery life and a Mario pack in, Maybe a gold 3Ds XL with Ocarina for $170?

If sales take off in the fall, I probably buy the original model with Mario Land for Christmas. I am willing to wait up to a certain extent for the hardware upgrade, but not years. $170 is a pretty good deal.

Sony has to hate this new price. I mean they probably expected $199 by the time the Vita launches, but $169 in the first half of August? E3 really swung me in favor of Vita, but this new price defintiely has me back on 3Ds.
#39serenade_betaPosted 7/28/2011 10:09:53 AM
MichaelDeAngelo posted...
DT-Fox posted...
gbafreak55 posted...

Personally, I think Rocket Slime 3 will be a system seller, but that's just me :-p

Personally, I hope Senran Kagura will be a system seller. It has gotten a lot of attention (in Japan) and with the lowered price, more people will be able to buy both the system and the game.
Of course, in Japan.
#40Primetime1981(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 10:23:12 AM
I only said FACT cause so many others do on here and I find it funny, it was more "tongue in cheek". The only thing Nintendo has going this year is Skyward Sword, after that call the Wii dead and buried. I used to be a pretty big Nintendo fan (not fanboy, there is a difference) but my confidence is all but washed since the travesty of the Wii. I do not think Nintendo are in as touch with their core market as they may think they are.

P.S. To all reading this post do yourselves a favor and at least wait til the inevitable 3DSi/xi whatever its called comes out.