Get the free games AND the price drop?

#1sarevokmbPosted 7/28/2011 10:47:46 AM
Okay, so here's an idea. Buy the 3DS shortly before the price drop, at a store like Best Buy. Connect to the eShop before the price drop. When the price drop goes official, bring your receipt in to Best Buy, and get the refund for the drop...

Would this work?
---
"The law is only a protection when everyone agrees to be bound by it. We don't." -Thane, Mass Effect 2
#2andodelPosted 7/28/2011 10:49:01 AM
Again, what store in their right mind wouldn't ask for the system back? Also, I'm sure they already know people will try it, and will just say screw you.
---
3DS FC= 0774-4348-2965 PM me with your FC if you want to be friends.
#3sarevokmb(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 10:52:47 AM
Best Buy does this though. Why would they want the system back? Two days after I bought my laptop, there was a $200 price drop. I brought in my receipt, and they refunded me $200.
---
"The law is only a protection when everyone agrees to be bound by it. We don't." -Thane, Mass Effect 2
#4fire2boxPosted 7/28/2011 12:21:31 PM
andodel posted...
Again, what store in their right mind wouldn't ask for the system back? Also, I'm sure they already know people will try it, and will just say screw you.

Costco.

1. buy 3DS at costco like a few days before the massive price drop
2. go on Eshop
3. go back to costco and either say give me the price drop or ask to return it.

Since your 3DS is open boxed and used. costco is better off just refunding you the difference. Rather then taking the used one back, refunding you the full 250+, and then trying to sell the used one. In which someone still gets free games anyway.