Anyone else think Best Buy is going to disallow Price Matches for the 3DS?

#1Longhorns747Posted 7/28/2011 10:52:57 AM
Just saying... I think it might be a little too obvious if a ton of people all do it at once =/
---
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/22/seal-of-approval.jpg
PC, gaming's finest frontier. Those who agree: 22
#2MellowLyricistPosted 7/29/2011 1:23:18 AM(edited)
Not only that, but they would lose a ton of money because I'm pretty confident that Nintendo doesn't refund retailers for 3DSs bought before the price drop date.
---
Children, send me back home.
For this is the reason you were born.
#3T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 7/29/2011 2:48:43 AM
Buy It Now With Confidence
Best Buy will match the price if you find a lower price on an identical available product at a local retail competitor's store, a local Best Buy Retail Store or BestBuy.com. Simply let us know when you are making your purchase or during the return and exchange period.

The Guarantee does not apply to: Our competitors' website prices, offers that include financing,bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, competitors' service prices, items that are advertised as limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, refurbished/used items, BestBuy.com Midnight Sale and special hour sale events, BestBuy.com Outlet Center and Marketplace items, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving.

The only way they'll match it is if they're unaware of the 20 games offer.
---
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
IGN: CodenameFox
#4chrono625Posted 7/29/2011 2:50:54 AM
T3H_1337_N1NJ4 posted...
Best Buy will match the price if you find a lower price on an identical available product at a local retail competitor's store, a local Best Buy Retail Store or BestBuy.com. Simply let us know when you are making your purchase or during the return and exchange period.

The Guarantee does not apply to: Our competitors' website prices, offers that include financing,bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, competitors' service prices, items that are advertised as limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, refurbished/used items, BestBuy.com Midnight Sale and special hour sale events, BestBuy.com Outlet Center and Marketplace items, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving.

That is only IN STORE and if the said items came with your purchase at a BB. Look, they have a policy in place, they have to abide by it and allow customers the right to return merchandise in a certain time window.

I can see them at WORST only giving you a GC in the difference. Nintendo is giving you the games, not Best Buy. I am also certain they are insured of such price drops by a manufacturer.
---
http://harryskorner.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/lebrick.jpg - Skip Bayless is my idol
#5baconcow1812Posted 7/29/2011 2:56:39 AM
The free items they mention on their website only pertain to things they give to you in-store. Their policy will work for this system AS LONG as they do not put another UPC sticker over the box (as they did with Monster Hunter Tri and several DVD/Blu-rays).
---
"the hell!?"
#6MellowLyricistPosted 7/29/2011 8:31:56 AM
chrono625 posted...
T3H_1337_N1NJ4 posted...

That is only IN STORE and if the said items came with your purchase at a BB. Look, they have a policy in place, they have to abide by it and allow customers the right to return merchandise in a certain time window.

I can see them at WORST only giving you a GC in the difference. Nintendo is giving you the games, not Best Buy. I am also certain they are insured of such price drops by a manufacturer.

Nintendo probably won't insure it in this specific circumstance if the email responses people are getting are true.
---
Children, send me back home.
For this is the reason you were born.
#7xLexLuth0rxPosted 7/29/2011 8:34:30 AM
T3H_1337_N1NJ4 posted...

This constantly comes up and what Nintendo does on their own bears no part in Best Buys policy. If the 20 games came from BB directly, then it would be in effect. Beyond that, you're completely wrong here.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof* he's gone."
#8Nate_DihldorffPosted 7/29/2011 8:41:33 AM
Here come Nintendo's White Knights.

Meanwhile, I've already set my purchase at Walmart and will be taking advantage of their return/exchange policy come August 12th.
---
http://kotaku.com/5811665/2011-is-all-about-the-gun-barrels
#9NoPointMadePosted 7/29/2011 8:43:43 AM
Nate_Dihldorff posted...

Meanwhile, I've already set my purchase at Walmart and will be taking advantage of their return/exchange policy come August 12th.

But won't Best Buy NOT exchange items that were already opened?
#10Nate_DihldorffPosted 7/29/2011 8:59:13 AM
NoPointMade posted...
Nate_Dihldorff posted...

But won't Best Buy NOT exchange items that were already opened?

First of all, opened hardware with all of its contents can still be exchanged at Best Buy. They may have a restocking fee, though.

Second of all, the people that are price adjusting won't be exchanging anything. They will take advantage of Best Buy's price adjustment policy, which is 30 days from purchase.
---
http://kotaku.com/5811665/2011-is-all-about-the-gun-barrels