I love seeing this aggressive side of Nintendo.

#41PhantomSwordPosted 7/28/2011 3:10:24 PM
Koopalmier posted...
Sony: So, Vita will coast $250, the price of the 3DS. And we're even selling at loss. u mad ninento ? :trollface:

Nintendo: So, 3DS is now $170, the price of the DSi. And we're NOT selling at loss. Also, free NES and GBA games for everyone. u mad sonni ? :trollface:

Actually, 3DS is selling at a loss.
---
My favorite part of the day is when she dance in the mirror.
#42ugoo18Posted 7/28/2011 3:13:36 PM
PhantomSword posted...
Koopalmier posted...
Sony: So, Vita will coast $250, the price of the 3DS. And we're even selling at loss. u mad ninento ? :trollface:

Nintendo: So, 3DS is now $170, the price of the DSi. And we're NOT selling at loss. Also, free NES and GBA games for everyone. u mad sonni ? :trollface:

Actually, 3DS is selling at a loss.

True but it will turn a profit a lot faster than the Vita.
---
"THE PRESIDENT HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED BY NINJAS. ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO RESCUE THE PRESIDENT ?"
#43TalicusPosted 7/29/2011 5:05:43 AM
I was quite surprised when I heard that they sell the 3DS at a loss. The handheld isn't that impressive spec-wise so I think that they should be able to produce it for less that $170. Maybe they suck at negotiating good prices.

Or they included R&D costs in the price and that they aren't going to make a profit on hardware alone with R&D costs included, but that's not a common way to calculate profits in the gaming industry.
---
Please excuse me for my poor English.
Thank you.