So, how long do YOU think it'll be before GBA games start being purchasable?

#1M1AstrayPosted 7/28/2011 11:00:46 AM
Topic.

In all honesty it's inevitable, and the fact Nintendo are giving away a fair few would imply they plan on selling them at some point. Oh sure, they may claim they had no plans to make them available to the public for purchasing, but why on earth would they go to all the trouble of making them downloadable and playable on the 3DS if they never planned on releasing them?

I think they were originally planning on launching them later this year, but now, thanks to them being a goodwill gift to early adopters, I'd say they'll keep them off the market for a good 6+ months after they get distributed to people.
---
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy III (DS), Blazblue Continuum Shift (PS3), Okami (PS2)
#2vidalmorazaPosted 7/28/2011 11:02:30 AM
Who cares? Is not like they are gonna get them for free after some time, they need to pay for them...

Nintendo has no plan to release them to sell, and that could mean 6 months or 4 years, who knows....
---
XBL/PSN: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC09548.jpg
#3VyersPosted 7/28/2011 11:07:00 AM
vidalmoraza posted...
Who cares? Is not like they are gonna get them for free after some time, they need to pay for them...

Nintendo has no plan to release them to sell, and that could mean 6 months or 4 years, who knows....

He asked you how long you think it will take.

Yet your response fails, in every single way, to actually respond to the thread.

GJ.
---
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Stacking, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, inFamous
#4M1Astray(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 11:07:40 AM
vidalmoraza posted...

But that's my point, the mere fact Nintendo have them available would imply that they are planning on selling them, goodwill gifts were in order, but I really doubt they'd go completely out of the way to give them (well, either that or they're really desperate right now).

I should also point out I don't have a 3DS, so in a way, I do care, because the GBA was the last gen before I was capable of buying myself games, and I want them purchasable.
---
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy III (DS), Blazblue Continuum Shift (PS3), Okami (PS2)
#5so64Posted 7/28/2011 11:10:42 AM(edited)
I am giving a maximum of two years and a minimum of a year.
---
www.brokencontrollers.com
My dragon egg is dead. Thanks guys. Also, blue cheese is evil and the creator should be flogged.
#6Ind1g0Posted 7/28/2011 11:10:57 AM
2 to 3 months after we get them they'll be available for purchase.

Mark my words.
---
And if you listen very hard, the truth will come to you at last, when all are one and one is all, to be a rock and not to roll.
#7DT-FoxPosted 7/28/2011 11:13:30 AM
I say... by E3 2012 the latest. No business would be crazy enough to put so much effort to do the coding and programming to port games over to a system and not profit from it AT ALL.
---
Next Let's Play: TBA
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTFaux
#8xLexLuth0rxPosted 7/28/2011 11:13:55 AM
All I can say are these 4 words....

"Due to popular demand..."
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof* he's gone."
#9M1Astray(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 1:59:42 PM
Bump
---
#10stromvancouverPosted 7/28/2011 2:03:36 PM
I'm thinking it will be more than a year.
---
3DS FC: 4081-5497-5635
http://i53.tinypic.com/30lkpz7.gif