so uh vita is finished? Handheld Market space (3DS)

#1popping4itPosted 7/28/2011 11:23:15 AM
the only thing vita had gonig for it was the $250 price tag (laughably was considered the top news from the sony conference), now that 3DS is going to drop to $169 I have no clue how vita is going to perform with nintendo also releasing mario bros and mario kart this holiday.
---
Still hoping for a Shenmue 3.
#2skawo93Posted 7/28/2011 11:25:45 AM(edited)
It's not.
It's still an amazing deal. It will have many great games and will sell at _least_ decently.
---
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm230/skawo96/W.jpg
Run! Run away!
#3justchill433Posted 7/28/2011 11:25:56 AM
The price was the only thing going for it? Really? I mean It's launch titles blow away anything the 3DS has. It has an actual online system. Way better multimedia functions. And the biggest thing it has is hype.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xiT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#4VermineaterPosted 7/28/2011 11:26:56 AM
I hope it does pretty well. At least as well as 3DS has up to now. If they have some launch titles that are worthwhile, sony may do fine.
---
VE - http://i.imgur.com/kL7QD.png
"Oh well, looks like we got a professor of exiting houses here!" -Yukito, about me
#5The_BonesPosted 7/28/2011 11:28:39 AM
It still comes down to the games which as of right now the 3DS does have the better planned library.
#6Alpha88eclipsePosted 7/28/2011 11:28:49 AM
At least with PSP vita you get a device brimmed to the top with features and a company that is fully behind their product. Nintendo on the other hand believes their product cannot go against the competition, and refuse to fully support it. Nintendo keeps putting off features and games till tomorrow, but how are they suppose to thrive today? I would not buy the 3ds, at least until another price drop when the psp vita comes out.
---
3DS FC: 5241 1912 8433
#7VyersPosted 7/28/2011 11:29:34 AM
One thing a lot of 3DS fans fail to realize is that the price wasn't the only problem with the 3DS. The 3DS was viewed by the public as another DS remodel, and it lacked any titles that really demonstrated how much of an upgrade the 3DS truly was. Fact is, Nintendo was complacent, and they're biting the bullet, and are posting a loss on every 3DS sold.
---
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Stacking, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, inFamous
#8popping4it(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 11:32:13 AM(edited)
justchill433 posted...
The price was the only thing going for it? Really? I mean It's launch titles blow away anything the 3DS has. It has an actual online system. Way better multimedia functions. And the biggest thing it has is hype.

except the 3DS had probably 10 times the hype leading up to release and is probably considered the most hyped, most anticipated handheld in history and was even the clear winner of E3 in 2010. E3 2011 was much more fractured people said that Wii-U was the big news while others said vita's price and now that vita's price is less significant it actually hurts the hype of vita.

if the 3DS did relatively poorly with that kind of hype vita now with its even more diminished mindshare is in big trouble of becoming the next ngage.

and what do you mean multimedia functions? the 3ds has a music player, videoplayer, netflix, internet browser. they're essentially the same.
---
Still hoping for a Shenmue 3.
#9TIGERPOKEMONPosted 7/28/2011 11:31:00 AM
I think the Vita has the ability to be 10x more "casual" then the 3DS because you can click a button and the game plays like a movie. Thats not playing video games, thats watching... And i think this might pull in people that suck at videogames
---
R_O_B_Sentry posted:
Q: What is roofies? stay within the boundaries of the vote, or explain why you chose roofies, so that I/we can decide.
#10VyersPosted 7/28/2011 11:32:12 AM
TIGERPOKEMON posted...
I think the Vita has the ability to be 10x more "casual" then the 3DS because you can click a button and the game plays like a movie. Thats not playing video games, thats watching... And i think this might pull in people that suck at videogames

O_o I'm guessing that you can even cite one game announced for the Vita that fits that?
---
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Stacking, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, inFamous