A simple summary of whats going on.

#1VFXmanPosted 7/28/2011 11:26:54 AM
Granted its the quickest price drop yet for any system. But they were caught off guard due to bad sales, those bad sales are a byproduct of releasing a system too early with not enough games. By the end of the year theyll have a $180 system with a respectable line up of games.

Things are intend shaky right now but it wont be life threatening for 3ds. By next year itll be smooth sailing. And with a $80 dollar drop noone should expect another drop for a number of years.

You gota put on armor to take that bears sandwich.
---
--
GRAVYDaNiNJA. PSN
#2VermineaterPosted 7/28/2011 11:29:04 AM
And Sony still has a respectable chance, depending on how they handle the system's features. I see it doing as well as the PSP, if not better, due to experience and the tagline. "PS3 Power on the go! :D"
---
VE - http://i.imgur.com/kL7QD.png
"Oh well, looks like we got a professor of exiting houses here!" -Yukito, about me
#3nikowwfPosted 7/28/2011 11:30:14 AM
What happened was simple. They overpriced. We are in a bad economy, $250 is too much money compared to current console and handhelds, and soccer moms idea of a game is "Angry Birds" so they don't want to but a game system for $250 when they can just toss their phone to shut up their kids. Because NIntendo has a bunch of games coming out soon, they reduced the price to move units to create the economy of scale needed for the handheld.

THat's it. Price was too high. They reduced it. And someoen decided rather than do nothing, why not turn people on to the EShop by fgiving them games, slowly over time, so they keep going on the eshop?
#4NoPointMadePosted 7/28/2011 11:34:23 AM(edited)
nikowwf posted...
What happened was simple. They overpriced. We are in a bad economy, $250 is too much money compared to current console and handhelds, and soccer moms idea of a game is "Angry Birds" so they don't want to but a game system for $250 when they can just toss their phone to shut up their kids.

Informed parents may still not get a 3DS for their kids due to the 'eye strain' issues though. The goal is to shut the kids up, not blind them.
#5VFXman(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 11:39:59 AM
Vermineater posted...
And Sony still has a respectable chance, depending on how they handle the system's features. I see it doing as well as the PSP, if not better, due to experience and the tagline. "PS3 Power on the go! :D"

My guess is they will both ship a respectable amount of systems. But Nintendo will have a good edge thats for sure. Im far more excited of portable Big N games then Sony. Even if Sony has raw horsepower over 3ds.
---
--
GRAVYDaNiNJA. PSN
#6VFXman(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 11:43:41 AM
NoPointMade posted...
nikowwf posted...
What happened was simple. They overpriced. We are in a bad economy, $250 is too much money compared to current console and handhelds, and soccer moms idea of a game is "Angry Birds" so they don't want to but a game system for $250 when they can just toss their phone to shut up their kids.

Informed parents may still not get a 3DS for their kids due to the 'eye strain' issues though. The goal is to shut the kids up, not blind them.

Ya i can already see horrible local news reports. "Games might be fun but can they blind your kid? Find out the shocking truth on Crap news Channel 7"

News would have no problem pooping on Nintendo for sum cheap ratings.
---
--
GRAVYDaNiNJA. PSN