Are downloadable titled linked to the console or to an account?

#1AnonymousFriendPosted 7/28/2011 1:02:13 PM
Does it work more like a PlayStation/Xbox or more like a Wii?
---
Nothing is over-rated. Your opinion is just outnumbered.
PSN ID/Gamertag - AnonymousFriend
#2Tachikoma911Posted 7/28/2011 1:03:05 PM
I was wondering the same thing when I asked myself "What happens if my 3DS takes a dump? Will I still be able to get the games I bought on a new system?"
---
Curb Your Enthusiasm
#3xLexLuth0rxPosted 7/28/2011 1:07:25 PM
I just setup my eStore account and it linked to my Club Nintendo account. Had to put in my username and password.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof* he's gone."
#4hydra_dragonPosted 7/28/2011 1:08:38 PM
It's linked to your SD card.
---
Welcome to BlogFAQS. We talk about games and how they make you feel.
#5SakaniProdPosted 7/28/2011 1:12:42 PM
If I'm right I think it's the system. You can say it's the SD card but it's just stored there. I don't think you can take the SD card out and put it in another 3DS and play what was on there. That's why there's a system transfer.
---
I shall not change this until Mega Man Legends 3 is out and in stores.
I think this is gonna be here for awhile. Started June 10th, 2010
#6xLexLuth0rxPosted 7/28/2011 1:13:14 PM
hydra_dragon posted...
It's linked to your SD card.

Would that imply that if something goes wrong with my system, I can swap it out and as long as I have the SD card, I'm good to have access to all my purchases?
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof* he's gone."
#7Demon_Hunter94Posted 7/28/2011 1:15:16 PM
It is tied to the console. If it breaks you will have to send it in to Nintendo to get all your games back.
---
Not changing this Sig until the Dallas Stars Win the Cup
Started 7/10/11
#8hydra_dragonPosted 7/28/2011 1:44:33 PM
Demon_Hunter94 posted...
It is tied to the console. If it breaks you will have to send it in to Nintendo to get all your games back.

I would assume it checks if the SD card matches up. So what if you formatted your system, removed the SD card, deleted the Nintendo thing, but kept your games on it, or do the games also have a code that checks your 3DS?
---
Welcome to BlogFAQS. We talk about games and how they make you feel.
#9fire2boxPosted 7/28/2011 1:45:42 PM
It is tied directly to the console itself not a SD card nor a account. Pretty much it's exactly the same as a Wii.
#10AnonymousFriend(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 4:40:53 PM
What about this:
xLexLuth0rx posted...
I just setup my eStore account and it linked to my Club Nintendo account. Had to put in my username and password.

If my console does break to the point where I doubt Nintendo could repair it, it may end up being cheaper to just buy a replacement than to send it to them.
---
Nothing is over-rated. Your opinion is just outnumbered.
PSN ID/Gamertag - AnonymousFriend