You all knew the price drop was bound to happen.

#11Tachikoma911Posted 7/28/2011 1:46:53 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#12Dragongod165Posted 7/28/2011 1:49:04 PM
justchill433 posted...

Dropping the price of a system by 1/3 of it's price within 5 months of it's release means they were overcharging. Technology doesn't get that much cheaper that quickly. That's milking their fans. And people keep saying they are so generous, because they are giving you 20 free games. Most of the games are crap that nobody really wants or great games that everybody already has. It's more like 1 or 2 games that you are getting. And it's definitely not illegal if you own those games, which most people do.

LOL back under the bridge with you
---
"I forgot gamefaqs is the place where all the wall street stock analysts hang out." - Karmic DJ
#13SMBfan13Posted 7/28/2011 1:49:06 PM
If I would have been a 3DS owner now I still would have been pissed even at the free games because most of those NES and GBA titles I've played already.
---
First, get rid of the cuffs. - Norman Jayden from Heavy Rain
#14HitagiPosted 7/28/2011 1:51:37 PM
Dragongod165 posted...
LOL back under the bridge with you

No. He's completely right. If you don't have anything intelligent to add to the discussion, don't bother posting.
#15justchill433Posted 7/28/2011 2:00:37 PM
SoaringDive posted...
It means that they wanted to make a profit.

Does this word exist in your vocabulary. Their point is to make profit, not make $0.

Plus, I don't have most of those games =/

I know they are trying to make a profit. My point is they could still have sold it at $200, made a nice profit, and the 3DS would have sold way better. Nintendo released it way too early and at way too high of a price, because they knew people would buy it. Besides, system sales don't really make too much money. Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo make 10x as much money on software sales. That's why Sony usually sells at loss, because they more than make up for it in software sales. And I'm not saying that there aren't people out there who don't have these games, but MANY people do. So while you might think it's okay, understand that a LOT people will displeased since they already do.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xiT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#16Merc123Posted 7/28/2011 2:05:40 PM
Are you serious, because im not sure i can understand how anyone cant comprehend it.

Sure we knew it would get a price drop but not 32 pecent 4 months after launch, its a really bad move and IMO giving us 20 free downloadable games that i probably wanst going to buy any of them isnt a good start. Honestly this is bull IMO, and if i could get a good price i would probably sell my 3DS, if not only for the fact that nintendo screwed over everyone and it still only has a few good games, plus the crap battery life. Nintendo has lost alot of respect from me at least, and probably not just me.
---
"What doesn't kill you usually succeeds in a second attempt" - Mr. Krabs
#17CloudfatePosted 7/28/2011 2:08:50 PM
I wonder if Nintendo's new business logic is to alienate ALL of its fanbase. With the whole Operation Rainfall movement, then the quick and large pricedrop, Nintendo sure isn't making many people happy.
---
XboxGT:ArcSilverX
SSF4ae mains Bison/Guy
#18king_reggie_28Posted 7/28/2011 2:13:44 PM
I'm just happy that i get free games!

Oh and check out my new sig!
---
I am a proud Nntendo 3DS ambassador! If you are too, copy and paste this as your sig! www.Nintendo.com/corp/Nintendo3DS/news/
#19Merc123Posted 7/28/2011 2:26:22 PM
All i know is this is the last time i buy a Nintendo Handheld, fool me once, not twice.
---
"What doesn't kill you usually succeeds in a second attempt" - Mr. Krabs
#20Bent 00Posted 7/28/2011 2:47:32 PM
Heh, I knew I was right to wait:

http://boardreader.com/thread/The_Legend_of_Zelda_Special_Edition_3DS_eeau1Xz0a7l.html

You can't see all of my old post there, but enough to get the jist of it: "Don't be an early adopter - the longer you wait, the better deals you get."

Personally, I'll keep on waiting until the 3DS has better games, more of them, and hopefully a nice special edition or two.

If I had bought a 3DS at launch, all these free ports of NES and GBA games wouldn't help much, since I played them all back when they came out.

I've learned to stay about a year behind game releases to save money, unless:

- It's a top favorite series game I can't wait to play
- It's going to be a rare game, or it has a must-have collector's edition
- It has a small online community that will move on soon (doesn't affect me, as I rarely play online)