Nobody really believes that the GBA games will be ambassador-exclusive, right?

#1PokeclipsePosted 7/28/2011 2:02:40 PM
Think about it for a second - why would Nintendo waste resources creating perfect ports of 10 GBA games to the 3DS hardware with no intention of ever making a profit off of them? They could have just as easily given ambassadors more Game Boy/NES games.

When they say they have no plans to make the GBA games available to the public, they mean it in the same way as when they said that there would be no DS hardware revisions. And look how that turned out.

Really, it's just a tactic to get some last-minute sales at the $250 price before it drops.
---
$50 says that I don't have a gambling problem.
#2Pokeclipse(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 2:13:44 PM
>_>
---
$50 says that I don't have a gambling problem.
#3Garp_fistPosted 7/28/2011 2:15:48 PM
I sure as hell don't. They'll be on the shop eventually, but getting them all for free early in one fell swoop is cool.
---
People that want Viewtiful Joe 3: 109. Lover of cartoons
Sin & Punishment character for SSB4! *started 06/10/11*
#4Shift BreakerPosted 7/28/2011 2:17:33 PM(edited)
I expect it to be exclusive...for a while. Especially as the NES games are getting updates to work like other VC 3DS games. GBA games can't even use sleep mode, apparently. And with these titles announced so far, lack of release is stupid on Nintendo's part, especially as any money is great. 4 or 5 months with it exclusive, much like the full price difference will make things fine. They know it'll happen. We know it'll happen. Just say so to stop people moaning in future/
---
http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/9/Shift_Breaker.png
http://dlcquickplay.com/user/shift_breaker - My RB3/GH:WoR songs.
#5Demon_Hunter94Posted 7/28/2011 2:17:29 PM
Waste resources? These are going to run on an emulator. They won't take but a second and most likely, they will release them to the public but not for a couple years and at $8.
---
Not changing this Sig until the Dallas Stars Win the Cup
Started 7/10/11
#6SpawngoatPosted 7/28/2011 2:18:20 PM
It's just PR spin to make it seem better.

Maybe they want more people to buy the handheld before the price drop and this is their way of giving them an incentive. "Buy a 3DS now and get 10 GBA games that won't be available to others or buy it for cheaper and get no games."
---
"Guns don't kill people, people kill people and monkeys do too (if they've got a gun)" Eddie Izzard
#7Pokeman718Posted 7/28/2011 2:18:21 PM
It's actually making some people want to get the 3DS before the price drop.

I'm getting it now that it's going to be $170. Would have been awesome to get those free games, but I'm not spending the extra $80 for them. We win either way.

Anyway, they're supposed to be exclusive, but... I don't see how they could NOT put some of those games on the eShop. Super Circuit, TLoZ, Balloon Fight, Super Mario Bros., Metriod Fusion? How can they keep these games to themselves? x/
---
"Lindsay Lohan got un-hot the very minute that the credits to Mean Girls concluded"
- NNG1213
#8greensacsPosted 7/28/2011 3:27:09 PM
I doubt nintendo will releases all these games at once. This will be a time released deal. Nintendo is not going to put up 20 games at once while 100's of thousands of people jump on the shop to download.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.6
#9CrazyhaxPosted 7/28/2011 3:29:19 PM
Nah, they're still trying to play off GBA games not happening so they can make money off the the GB games.
---
The Hax Series: | Crazyhax | Zestyhax | Haxorus |
No. I | White FC: 3009 8316 2506
#10MattperdPosted 7/28/2011 3:38:51 PM
Crazyhax posted...
Nah, they're still trying to play off GBA games not happening so they can make money off the the GB games.

But when they are released, those who didn't get the Early one, will have to pay for those games.
---
Poke' Black: 4555 9840 5971
"The epitome of a douche move would be to allow N64 games in 3D classics, then add like, StarFox and OoT." - PhantomSword