Nintendo's Arrogance and the 3DS

#1DranakinPosted 7/28/2011 3:32:28 PM
http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/87384/nintendos-arrogance-and-the-3ds/

Thoughts?

I agree with that points that Nintendo bought into the hype of the 2010 E3 reactions and tried to piggyback on the success of the DS, but I take umbrage with calling the 3D effect a “gimmick.”
#2T00N_LinkPosted 7/28/2011 3:34:53 PM
Is 3D a gimmick? Maybe it is, but I don't see why that has to be a bad thing. It's not like adding 3D to games will reduce the quality.
#3Alpha88eclipsePosted 7/28/2011 3:43:40 PM
These are the same exact thing I was saying about nintendo and their arrogance towards the customers. That is why they believe they can get away with doing anything. Customers didn't complain about the many rehashes (OOT, starfox) ,promised features never being implemented (achievement/trophy system), and once again they are getting away with slashing the price by almost half 4 months into the system's life. What is next, nintendo abandons the 3ds and announces a new portable?
#4Mr_Big_BossPosted 7/28/2011 3:47:09 PM
I'd say this is proof that Nintendo was trying to rip people off with the high price tag.
---
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
#5Starwars4JPosted 7/28/2011 3:49:10 PM
Was there a single paragraph there that wasn't filled with misinformation? I just about clocked out when he said Nintendo makes a profit because each system only costs $100. I mean my god, how can they have someone so ignorant of the subject writi-

Oh, vgchartz you say? I see.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#6wave1000Posted 7/28/2011 3:51:25 PM
Now that Smash bros game is looking like a no go seeing how long those take.

Im more suprised at these board that no one want to talk about the big issue and that iss because of the iphone/ android handheld gaming is in the state of being whipped out. All people are talking about is vita like vita is any diffrent from 3DS they will face the same problems because they don't have the popularity or user base of other mobile devices. We need to be talking about the real issue and not who the hell is going to win because at this point they both look like they are going to lose and that will be it for the handheld market sadly.
---
3DS FC 004427725163
#7Mr_Big_BossPosted 7/28/2011 3:57:55 PM
the handheld market will never disapper. Parents buy Nintendo DS for their kids to play games on, they don't buy overpriced ipod touches, just like they didn't buy overpriced 3DS.
---
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
#8ZaxxWarStarPosted 7/28/2011 3:58:54 PM
Dranakin posted...
http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/87384/nintendos-arrogance-and-the-3ds/

Thoughts?

I agree with that points that Nintendo bought into the hype of the 2010 E3 reactions and tried to piggyback on the success of the DS, but I take umbrage with calling the 3D effect a “gimmick.”

I agree and selling it for 250 was stupid. but while it cost 120$ to make they thought they could get away with it because it also played ds/dsi being that 2 g systems were money and they thought" oh gee well sense its 120$ and dsi is 100 lets just make it 250"

yes nintendo was very arrogant! but i bought my 3ds of the line and never cared about its price, and nintendo's saying sorry by giving games so my only thought was " free games ok hey weres my beer"
---
front of shirt "SHEEP killer" back of shirt "SHEEP stranded hopeless easily encouraged person. if you are a sheep i will kill you.
#9jon478599Posted 7/28/2011 3:59:24 PM
I think you guys should quit smoking so much wacky tobacco.
---
If you accept Cthulhu as the destroyer of sanity and devourer of souls and are 100%
proud of it spread the brains of your enemies before him!
#10teh_kyle00Posted 7/28/2011 4:02:12 PM
Mr_Big_Boss posted...
I'd say this is proof that Nintendo was trying to rip people off with the high price tag.

I wouldn't say that. Look at Sony, they were selling the PS3 at an EXTREMELY high price when it launched, and yet every system they sold from launch until about the end of 2009 was a loss in profit cause making the PS3 was so dang expensive.

Nintendo might not have been taking a loss at 250, but now they sure ain't making a profit.
---
This signature is lacking in beef.