Nintendo is now taking a loss on every sale of the hardware.

#31xCha0sPosted 7/28/2011 7:35:29 PM
170 Dollar 3DS

NES, GB, GBC, GBA Virtual Console

Major lineup:

Mario Kart 7
Super Smash Bros 3D
Super Mario 3D Land
Paper Mario 3D
Luigi's Mansion 2
Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
Zelda Majora's Mask 3D (plz!)

that sounds like plenty of momentum for the 3DS if you ask me...especially since all of these games will be out by the end of 2012...(except majora but im not going to stop petitioning)
#32HermanTuttle(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 11:47:24 PM
I wouldn't at all be surprised if the next Pokemon is for the regular-ass DS.
#33Un_FlugelPosted 7/29/2011 12:05:00 AM
HermanTuttle posted...
I wouldn't at all be surprised if the next Pokemon is for the regular-ass DS.

The next one probably will be (3rd version of B&W), unless they make a "3DS enhanced version" as well.
---
http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/5909/0zdre.png
http://i.imgur.com/2y0Yp.png
#34hitman51686Posted 7/29/2011 12:11:39 AM
fire2box posted...
Empiror posted...
two mario during holiday season with lower price may be all they need..

Im wondering how hard the pokemon gang is being pressed into making a new one so shortly after Black and White. If anything is going to save the 3DS from a death bed, we ALL know what its going to be. The single game that pretty much saved portables in general.

Tetris?
---
I like to put my thing down flip it and reverse it.
#35LHS_2012Posted 7/29/2011 12:15:35 AM
hitman51686 posted...
fire2box posted...
Empiror posted...
two mario during holiday season with lower price may be all they need..

Im wondering how hard the pokemon gang is being pressed into making a new one so shortly after Black and White. If anything is going to save the 3DS from a death bed, we ALL know what its going to be. The single game that pretty much saved portables in general.

Tetris?

Pokemon. The franchise has yet to fall, and as long as it doesn't, neither will any Nintendo handheld.
---
No copyright law in the UNIVERSE can stop me!!
Gamertag: Starfish Hero
#36XBuster2004Posted 7/29/2011 12:41:05 AM(edited)
andodel posted...
Deshokun posted...
EternalNether posted...
I'm extremely confused now. Didn't everyone insist that when the price was $250 it cost $100 to make? So then how does $170 make a loss for them? I feel like I missed something important somewhere.

No, $100 for the parts alone.
You have to add in the paycheck for the people who make it, advertising, shipping, etc.
Not to say that $250 isn't a HUEG price for what the 3DS is, but IMO 80 dollars in the first price drop, which is less than 6 months, is way too drastic.

Are you actually complaining about them dropping the price. I could swear that just yesterday, people were complaining about how Nintendo was ripping us off and that $250 was so much more than they had to charge. Then, I come on today and find people saying the Nintendo is selling it at a loss because it's $80 less. While most would have expected $50 less, another $30 isn't going to cause a loss in profits. GameFAQ's really confuses me sometimes.

It's not confusing because everybody in the gaming community just seems to bash Nintendo or want Nintendo to die no matter what they do for them.

This is a bold, aggressive move for Nintendo, and it's A SMART MOVE too; Analysts all agree with this. With Vita coming out soon with the same original price as the 3DS, and a good amount of major titles coming shortly after the price cut:

Star Fox 64 3D
Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 3DS
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Pokemon Rumble Blast(Everyone seems to forget this title. It is coming out in October this year.)

And in 2012 you have:

Luigi's Mansion 2
Paper Mario 3DS
Metal Gear Solid 3D Snake Eater
Resident Evil: Revelations
Kingdom Hearts 3D

Just to name a few for next year. Who knows what's coming soon; But this isn't Nintendo's first rodeo in the handheld business.
---
Megaman SF 3 BA FC: 043163679589(Cygnus[main] or Taurus Noise for now)
KA..ME..HA..ME..HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!-The signature move of Goku, The Legendary Super Saiyan.
#37Blood_NightsPosted 7/29/2011 12:49:17 AM
Since we don't know how much the console costs to produce (though VERY unlikely more than 100USD), we don't know if they're taking a loss. Get over paying the 250.
---
It's true, ask anyone. I have trolldar. I'm a dignified trolltector.
#38XBuster2004Posted 7/29/2011 1:04:55 AM(edited)
I would STILL gladly pay $250 for the 3DS. I've been saving up for it for about two months.

Getting it at a price cut now will make the purchase all the more sweeter to me. Especially if I can get some great games and system content with it. :D
---
Megaman SF 3 BA FC: 043163679589(Cygnus[main] or Taurus Noise for now)
KA..ME..HA..ME..HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!-The signature move of Goku, The Legendary Super Saiyan.