Makes you wonder about the WiiU...

#1RomanticidePosted 7/28/2011 4:13:47 PM
Think about it, Nintendo dropped the ball with the 3DS, there's no arguing it. They want to release the WiiU, a system on par with the Ps3 and 360 in 2012. The launch are Ps3/360 titles but a year late... By 2013 we will probably be hearing stirrings of the next generation from Sony and Microsoft and then the WiiU will just be the Wii all over again.
---
Gaming systems: PC, Ps2, Ps3, Gamecube, DS Lite, Xbox 360, Nintendo 64 and a Dreamcast
#2Yusuke UrameshiPosted 7/28/2011 5:01:21 PM
I've made up my mind I'm not going to buy another Nintendo system of any sort until they announce Xenoblade and The Last Story for the U.S..
---
Just to be safe, until I see more data I'm going to assume cancer causes cell phones.
#3FAT____MANPosted 7/28/2011 5:04:50 PM
Yusuke Urameshi posted...
I've made up my mind I'm not going to buy another Nintendo system of any sort until they announce Xenoblade and The Last Story for the U.S..

You're a meshi. Bad decision, though i agree with what your fighting for, good luck with your boycott!
#4SakurafanboyPosted 7/28/2011 5:07:20 PM

Operation Rainfall doesn't support boycotting Nintendo or any games they release... <_<
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#5LuffypwnsNarutoPosted 7/28/2011 5:11:34 PM(edited)

No, that will not work. However, what will work is HAXXING your Wii so that it can play imports and buy Xenoblade and The Last Story. That worked for Demon Souls...

Besides why would Sony and MS want to make more powerful consoles? That's just asking to lose money and it would be best to continue with the current consoles.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3007-8204-2408
"Your world MEGAFIED" Keiji Inafune
#6Yusuke UrameshiPosted 7/28/2011 5:49:14 PM
We've reached a point where there just isn't all that much incentive to buy a new system. And I'm not just talking about how Nintendo will unwittingly sabotage the WiiU before it even leaves the gates.

I mean, what the hell could a hypothetical PS4/XBox 720 do that the current-gen consoles can't? "Avatar-quality graphics" won't sell a system on their own. Vita is appealing, I'll admit, but what they're offering amounts to console games on a handheld - and if I want a console game, what's keeping me from just buying the actual console version?

See, I don't want Nintendo to be forgiven. I don't want them to be able to smile and say all's right with the world now that they've cut the price of the 3DS by $80. I don't want them to have a single moment of happiness or success again until they're down on their knees, begging for mercy. I want them to understand once again that the mighty can be brought low, that the Nintendo brand name is not an automatic recipe for success. I want them to be exactly where Sony was at the start of this generation: a laughingstock forced to claw their way back to respectability.

At this point, what good is their triumph if they haven't earned it?
---
Just to be safe, until I see more data I'm going to assume cancer causes cell phones.
#7SSJ4CHRISPosted 7/28/2011 5:55:17 PM
We've reached a point where there just isn't all that much incentive to buy a new system. And I'm not just talking about how Nintendo will unwittingly sabotage the WiiU before it even leaves the gates.

I mean, what the hell could a hypothetical PS4/XBox 720 do that the current-gen consoles can't? "Avatar-quality graphics" won't sell a system on their own. Vita is appealing, I'll admit, but what they're offering amounts to console games on a handheld - and if I want a console game, what's keeping me from just buying the actual console version?

See, I don't want Nintendo to be forgiven. I don't want them to be able to smile and say all's right with the world now that they've cut the price of the 3DS by $80. I don't want them to have a single moment of happiness or success again until they're down on their knees, begging for mercy. I want them to understand once again that the mighty can be brought low, that the Nintendo brand name is not an automatic recipe for success. I want them to be exactly where Sony was at the start of this generation: a laughingstock forced to claw their way back to respectability.

At this point, what good is their triumph if they haven't earned it?

If you think "console games on handhelds " aren't worth it, then I hope you didn't buy OoT and don't buy Starfox. Those are exact ports of the console games. So if you bought OoT then you are being a hypocritical fanboy, and that would nullify your entire point.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225
PSN: phayro_rip
#8TheSPPPosted 7/28/2011 6:09:54 PM

You're an unpleasant person, aren't you?
---
Hello :D
GT:xxThe Biesxx
#9Shinobi120Posted 7/28/2011 6:14:57 PM(edited)
TheSPP posted...

You're an unpleasant person, aren't you?

He has a point, actually. Just because that Nintendo has sold a ton of DS's & Wii's does not make them invincible. They have fallen before with the N64 & with the Gamecube, & it can surely happen again with the 3DS &/or Wii U.

We want the old Nintendo back from the NES/SNES/N64 days, in which you know, they weren't being so lazy in giving us great quality (& making sure that there were great 3rd party games). They need a serious wake up call that they can't ignore those who made them famous in the 1st place, & that's the hardcore gamers.
#10Yusuke UrameshiPosted 7/28/2011 6:31:38 PM
I apologize if my point was concealed under a torrent of angry rhetoric. Thing is, I want Nintendo to win. But I don't want this Nintendo to win. I want them to have a good fight of it. I want them to wind up having another one of those epic, transformative struggles where the protagonist goes in an unsympathetic loser and comes out a legendary hero.

They can't get better until they've had their legs kicked out from under them. Again. The $80 price cut is a step in the right direction - but only a step.
---