With the price drop, the scene is set for a new hardware revision.

#1PokeclipsePosted 7/28/2011 3:33:38 PM
With the leeway granted by the huge price decrease on the current model, they could easily have the new SKU at around $200.

Time-wise, I'd expect it around summer of next year with the initial announcement coming shortly after the new year.

If not a new 3DS model, then at the very least alternate colors/bundle packs.
---
$50 says that I don't have a gambling problem.
#2KorlithielPosted 7/28/2011 3:55:15 PM
I've got to admit, I expect the Flare Red to hit this holiday season in the USA now. Beyond that I'm unsure, but due to the battery life I'm not sure I would say no to upgrading my current 3DS into a newer model.
---
Please do not feed the trolls, mark & move on. Likely posted from my 3DS.
#3RomanticidePosted 7/28/2011 3:56:23 PM
If they add 2 analog sticks I'll pick one up.
---
Gaming systems: PC, Ps2, Ps3, Gamecube, DS Lite, Xbox 360, Nintendo 64 and a Dreamcast
#4StarlightDrivePosted 7/28/2011 3:59:15 PM
Romanticide posted...

Rofl.

With the price drop, Nintendo is now taking a small loss for each unit sold. I believe they would have to first turn a profit again before even considering a revision, or they'll lose even more revenue.
#5Pokeclipse(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 5:14:08 PM(edited)
StarlightDrive posted...
Romanticide posted...

Rofl.

With the price drop, Nintendo is now taking a small loss for each unit sold. I believe they would have to first turn a profit again before even considering a revision, or they'll lose even more revenue.

Well, what better way to turn a profit than to offer a full-price "deluxe" 3DS with a bigger screen, better battery, etc? They could probably get away with $220.
---
$50 says that I don't have a gambling problem.