How to get the 3DS for $169.99 and the free games

#1PDTECRJPosted 7/28/2011 5:04:39 PM
I don't know how many people are aware of this, but just thought I'd point it out. I work at Sears and we have about eight 3DS units in stock in my store (I'm in a mid-size, 1 story "B" store, larger "A" stores may carry more). Since the launch we have sold 2 in total--one blue and one black. According to a quote from the Gamespot article, "any 3DS owners who connect to the Nintendo eShop before midnight US Eastern time on August 11 will be automatically entered into the programme."

Now then, if you buy an electronics department product at Sears and the price drops within 14 days, Sears will refund you the difference in the price. So basically, if you go into a Sears store a couple of days before August 11 and purchase a 3DS for $249.99 you'll be able to connect to the eShop in time to be entered into the programme. Then, take your receipt back to Sears within 14 days of your purchase date and they'll give you back the $80 difference that you spent in accordance with their lowest price guarantee policy. The only downside to doing this is that you have to have $249.99 to buy it in the first place. Sears is in no way connected with Nintendo's programme so you don't have to worry about them refusing to give you the discount...in fact, most people who work at Sears electronics barely even realize they sell video games >.>

Other stores probably have this same pricing policy, but I'm only sure of Sears'.
---
your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here
#2hatemakingnamesPosted 7/28/2011 5:08:11 PM
I was going to tell people to just buy used, but your idea is better if you don't mind the hassle of returning to the store.
#3LordAndrewPosted 7/28/2011 5:10:08 PM
Saw it coming. People have been suggesting this scam for the past twelve hours.
---
Sent from my 3DS
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
#4plagamesforevaPosted 7/28/2011 5:16:10 PM
Cool!
---
CAPCOM needs to make a 3rd Capcom Classics Collection (Include Super Street Fighter II), Mega Man: Powered Up 2 & Mega Man: Powered Up 3 for the N3DS!
#5PDTECRJ(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 5:16:19 PM
Is it really a scam? I mean, I don't really care either way, but it's completely legit in terms of the policy from Sears. I guess it can be considered a scam in the sense that you're not getting access to the program in the spirit in which it was intended, but I feel like anyone who hasn't purchased one yet and is interested in getting one for $169.99 would be doing themselves a disservice not to do it like this if they're able to.
---
your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here
#6PDTECRJ(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2011 12:39:23 PM
So they un-deleted my post...I didn't see that coming!
---
#7chrono625Posted 7/29/2011 12:40:32 PM
LordAndrew posted...

Not a scam if the retailers allow you to do it.
---
http://harryskorner.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/lebrick.jpg - Skip Bayless is my idol
#8PhantomSwordPosted 7/29/2011 12:46:17 PM
chrono625 posted...
LordAndrew posted...

Technically that would make nothing a scam. After all, the point of a scam is that you're using someone's nature (be it a company or a human being) in order to manipulate things in your favor.
---
My favorite part of the day is when she dance in the mirror.
#9chrono625Posted 7/29/2011 12:47:57 PM
PhantomSword posted...
chrono625 posted...
LordAndrew posted...

Technically that would make nothing a scam. After all, the point of a scam is that you're using someone's nature (be it a company or a human being) in order to manipulate things in your favor.

How is using a companies price adjustment policy a scam. Please enlighten me as no one has been able to do so yet.
---
http://harryskorner.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/lebrick.jpg - Skip Bayless is my idol
#10PhantomSwordPosted 7/29/2011 12:50:40 PM
chrono625 posted...
PhantomSword posted...
chrono625 posted...
LordAndrew posted...

How is using a companies price adjustment policy a scam. Please enlighten me as no one has been able to do so yet.

I'm not decrying this or anything. I'm just saying that your words "Not a scam if the retailers allow you to do it," are untrue.
---
My favorite part of the day is when she dance in the mirror.