How to get the 3DS for $169.99 and the free games

#11Brooks3000Posted 7/29/2011 11:53:02 AM
Hmmm...this is actually interesting. I was thinking about doing something similar at gamestop, but they might be on to me. Never thought about going to Sears. I might actually do this! :D
---
Mistake free since 1996
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 5070 8955 4583
#12Swickman81Posted 7/29/2011 11:54:10 AM
PDTECRJ posted...
So they un-deleted my post...I didn't see that coming!

O.o

They NEVER undelete posts. Even if they are incorrect. What did you do?
---
Evacuate the Dance Floor I am affected by the sound
Everybody in the club Stop this beat is killing me
#13skawo93Posted 7/29/2011 11:54:38 AM
Let's look on the bright side.
If a lot of people do this, the sales will go up quite a lot.
---
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm230/skawo96/W.jpg
Run! Run away!
#14deathsaber79Posted 7/29/2011 12:09:06 PM
I don't know why many are getting butt-hurt over this notion. If the store price matches, then thats THEIR policy and there really is no harm or foul if the retail store wants to give money back.

Personally, I think a lot of people will hit a brick wall on this, though. Stores will say that $169.99 is not a sale price, but a change in the manufactured mandated retail price, and that $249 was the valid mandatory retail price on the day of purchase, therefore no refund. Remember, consoles never go on sale- they may offer bundles, but the pricepoints never change unless authorized by the console maker.
#15PDTECRJ(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2011 12:15:19 PM
Swickman81 posted...
PDTECRJ posted...
So they un-deleted my post...I didn't see that coming!

O.o

They NEVER undelete posts. Even if they are incorrect. What did you do?

I just disputed it saying that I didn't understand how it was construed as an "illegal activity" and the moderator said that they originally misread my post and apologized.
---
your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here
#16Clatrix_NovaPosted 7/29/2011 12:20:59 PM
induring people getting butthurt that "it's not fair!"
#17tfalcoPosted 7/29/2011 12:28:43 PM
kmarts have the same return policy as sears
---
3DS - FC: 4511-0462-4833, Mii: Thomas
#18toma13Posted 7/29/2011 1:00:58 PM(edited)
It's not a scam. Price guaranteeing is offered by most major retailers. I don't see why so many people are personally offended by it. I can't cash in on it because I've had my 3DS since May, but it seems like a totally valid thing to do as far as I'm concerned. It's not like the 20 free games are costing the store anything, as they are digital content. Nintendo isn't losing out on anything either, as the retailer is the one who is doing the price match, not Nintendo. If retailers didn't want to price match, then they wouldn't offer it. Plain and simple.

However, on the same note, I wouldn't be a bit surprise to see next week's flyers advertising the 3DS price cut on Aug 12 with a *No price guarantee adjustment on units before (insert date flyer comes out)* written in the fine print. Also, if Nintendo releases the cheaper 3DS with a new SKU (say without the docking station or some other minor adjustment) then it would also mess up the price adjustment plans as well.
---
Username for pretty much everything: BngryBt
#19hatemakingnamesPosted 7/29/2011 1:45:12 PM
toma13 posted...
It's not a scam. Price guaranteeing is offered by most major retailers. I don't see why so many people are personally offended by it.

Nintendo isn't losing out on anything either, as the retailer is the one who is doing the price match, not Nintendo. If retailers didn't want to price match, then they wouldn't offer it. Plain and simple.

I think it's funny too how unknowledgeable people are. Stores prefer some money over no money.

If you walk into a store with $10000 and say you want a discount on all the items you buy, they'll give you 10% or 20% off.

There are some places where you can simply offer less money for an item, and they'll take it. (nothing big like Walmart/Target)

Hell, if you go to the same Subway twice a week every week, one day the owner will probably give you a free sandwich.

Lots of places have policies where they'll take competitor coupons, expired coupons, price match competitor sales, etc.

Because they know you'll buy from someone else if not them.

if Nintendo releases the cheaper 3DS with a new SKU (say without the docking station or some other minor adjustment) then it would also mess up the price adjustment plans as well.

But you could still return your 3DS for $250, as long as you don't go to a store that charges restocking fees.

And as a backup plan, you you'll probably be able to find a used 3DS on ebay for $150-$170 that accessed the eshop before august 11th.