Questions about Galaga and Galaga Legions.

#1Swan3624Posted 7/28/2011 4:12:05 PM
I have been playing Pac-Man and Galaga Dimensions a ton since I bought it on Tuesday, and I'm having loads of fun, but I am a little confused by the scoring system for both Galaga and Galaga Dimensions.

In Galaga, do you get more points when the enemies are flying towards you? Like is a bee worth 50 points attacking, as opposed to being stationary and worth 30 points or something?

Do you get a bonus for killing a wave of enemies before they get a chance to get in formation at the top of the screen?

And as for Galaga Legions, how does the scoring work here? Do you get more points for shooting a weak spot and blowing up all related aliens? Or should I go for all the aliens around the weak spot?

For example:

There is a purple dot that has a bunch of aliens following it. You can take care of all the aliens by blowing up the purple thing, or you can systematically take out all the aliens, then put the purple ship on the backburner until you kill all of them. Will I get more points if I kill the purple thing and blow up all the ships around it? Or will I get more points if I take out all the ships around it and not go for the one-shot kill?

Any help from some veterans would be greatly appreciated :D
---
If you follow Satan's teachings and are 666% proud of it, post this in your sig.
#2Swan3624(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 5:09:08 PM
I was hoping the chances of help would be higher on this board, as the game's board is rather ...dead... :(
---
If you follow Satan's teachings and are 666% proud of it, post this in your sig.
#3LordAndrewPosted 7/28/2011 5:13:42 PM
Have you checked guides for the originals? I imagine you could find information on the scoring systems there.
---
Sent from my 3DS
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D