Price cut makes Yahoo News.

#1AduIt_LlNKPosted 7/28/2011 5:55:22 PM
http://blog.games.yahoo.com/blog/860-nintendo-slashes-3ds-price-gives-away-free-games-to-prevent-backlash

There's nothing in the article that we don't already know, but what do you guys think of it nonetheless? Do you think the writer is well-informed or misinformed?
---
Go to http://www.petitiononline.com/OpMnfall/petition.html and post this to your sig if you want Majora's Mask 3D.
#2legendarylemurPosted 7/28/2011 5:57:01 PM
I just saw yahoo and I'm just gonna say misinformed. Yahoo is the worst site you can go to for gaming news, period. They believe Angry Birds is GOTY.
---
apples bananas peaches
My karma was 666 on May 7th 2011, May 10th 2011
#3MageofBlood391Posted 7/28/2011 5:58:22 PM
It's really not at all that bad. It was pretty much a straight forward informative article. Seemed well-informed to me.
---
Smart ninja-type dude.
#4SSJ4CHRISPosted 7/28/2011 5:58:26 PM
legendarylemur posted...
I just saw yahoo and I'm just gonna say misinformed. Yahoo is the worst site you can go to for gaming news, period. They believe Angry Birds is GOTY.

How is it misinformed when it says what you already know?
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225
PSN: phayro_rip
#5AduIt_LlNK(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 6:00:41 PM
Do you guys agree with this part?

"The move might quell frustration from existing users and lure in new buyers, but it won't prevent people from pointing to the 3DS as a significant stumble on Nintendo's part. The company had bet heavily on the system -- which lets users play games in stereoscopic 3D without the need for special glasses -- to help it regain ground lost to mobile devices like Apple's iPhone. But the high price and weak launch lineup of software quickly killed any momentum."
---
Go to http://www.petitiononline.com/OpMnfall/petition.html and post this to your sig if you want Majora's Mask 3D.
#6KongNinjaPosted 7/28/2011 6:03:29 PM
AduIt_LlNK posted...
Do you guys agree with this part?

"The move might quell frustration from existing users and lure in new buyers, but it won't prevent people from pointing to the 3DS as a significant stumble on Nintendo's part. The company had bet heavily on the system -- which lets users play games in stereoscopic 3D without the need for special glasses -- to help it regain ground lost to mobile devices like Apple's iPhone. But the high price and weak launch lineup of software quickly killed any momentum."

Yeah, until they claimed the iPhone is a problem.
---
Narwhals, Narwhals, swimmin' in the ocean, causin' a commotion, 'cause they are so awesome.
#7all_that_juicePosted 7/28/2011 6:04:23 PM
LOL Yahoo News
---
isn't hearing technically a dimension? so this should be called the 4DS. - I_Always_Die
#8TheSPPPosted 7/28/2011 6:05:48 PM
Who goes to Yahoo anymore?
---
Hello :D
GT:xxThe Biesxx
#9xCha0sPosted 7/28/2011 6:07:47 PM(edited)
i didnt see anything ill informed in that article, it was prettymuch spot on. are you guys not aware that nintendo is struggling with the wii and 3ds right now? interest in the wii-u is pretty split as well...
#10jayman7Posted 7/28/2011 6:11:02 PM(edited)
Well, the fact that the free games were given to "prevent backlash" was ill-informed, if the whiners on this board are any indication. ;)

But seriously, it looks factually correct, for the most part.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere