early adopters are smart spenders

#11King_of_Nerds(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 6:32:33 PM
Wetterdew posted...
It's good if

1. You don't already own the games, which many people do

2. You actually want the games

i own only like one copy of them, but that copy is not portable, cuz its on the wii

and i want the games really bad
---
3DS: 1075-0740-6302 PSN: briantheuber123 "even a hobo also have money" - fakewars
#12MarblesbunbunPosted 7/28/2011 6:38:02 PM
No, they are only smart spenders if
#1 They buy the system NOW that they know about the free games
#2 They actually want the games offered via the virtual console services.

The people who bought the system when it was launched are called "Early Adopters"
They did not KNOW they would get 20 free games 6months down the road or that their would be a price drop. In many cases I feel people thought it would be like the Wii where it would continue to be a hot seller for years and never see a price drop.
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#13DrSaItPosted 7/28/2011 6:43:22 PM
ITT: Ice Climbers is worth $5
---
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2625/3796592147_66b0032959.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/radman9000/DrSalt.jpg
#14gamester_12345Posted 7/28/2011 6:46:58 PM
I bought my 3DS from my brother, Pilotwings sits there gathering dust and Zelda is on standby due to getting stuck on the water temple *groans* but the prospect of getting 10 free NES games and 10 Free GBA games sounds interesting (5 or possibly more of the GBA games, currently planned to not be available to people outside the Ambassador program)

So whats your opinions on the announced NES/GBA games so far?

Super Mario Bros. - Played this before, but its an alright game.
Donkey Kong Jr. - Never played this, whats the gameplay like anyway...or is it a spinoff?
Balloon Fight - Alright, played it on Animal Crossing, but it's one of those 'in the background games'
Ice Climber - Same as Balloon Fight's situation, it sits there
The Legend of Zelda - it was probably great for it's time, but it's large, confusingly...vast....like a sandbox.

Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 - Sweet game, it never got to the Wii VC, guess its nice to have it in some downloadable form instead of not having it at all, plus it has 6 bonus levels.
Mario Kart: Super Circuit
Metroid Fusion - Arguably a more better choice than the GBA remake of the first game, avoiding stubbing toes here.
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ - Better than nothing, its awesome but short. :o
Mario vs. Donkey Kong - Pretty sweet, it doesn't have that stupid lemmings-like gameplay of the 2...3 (?) sequels, then again, people probably boycotted Donkey Kong GB for changing the gameplay slightly.

But yea, i pretty much avoided stepping on the toes of Zelda fans about the first game, i just couldn't get into it. D:

Lets just hope Nintendo lets people link games up and stuff.....then again, this is Nintendo here, they don't even let people enable the color mode for Donkey Kong GB. :/
---
RSN: Plucky9, Total: 2222
KoL: Plucky, currently a Disco Bandit
#15SSJ4CHRISPosted 7/28/2011 6:53:04 PM
King_of_Nerds posted...
Mythril_Hammer posted...
This logic is implying that anyone would pay 5 dollars for them in the first place. >_>

u almost got it, bro.
if they want the games, they would have to purchase them for $5. but, we get them all without having to pay it. so both groups of people want them, so actually, people would pay $5 for them in the first place while we don't because we're so cool. B)

how do you know that both groups want them? did you take a poll? I don't see many topics about people wanting these games except by people getting them for nothing.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225
PSN: phayro_rip
#16PoliMailmanPosted 7/28/2011 6:53:11 PM
Dk Jr. is like the first Dk game. Execpt Jumpman caudht DK in a cage and throws things at you. Dk Jr. has to get all the keys on the stage and unlock his Pa.