Should I get New Super Mario Bros or wait for Super Mario 3D Land.

#1SupaTPosted 7/28/2011 6:35:58 PM
Never played New Super Mario Bros, but it was a thought that crossed my mind recently. I was also considering (Re-)getting Super Mario 64 DS. Somehow I lost my original copy about 2 or 3 years ago, I figure the analog on the 3DS would make that game more tolerable than it was previously.

Thoughts?
#2MageofBlood391Posted 7/28/2011 6:36:35 PM
3D Land won't be out until November, so go for it.
---
Smart ninja-type dude.
#3LordAndrewPosted 7/28/2011 6:38:05 PM
Depending on your financial situation, you should be able to do both.
---
Sent from my 3DS
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
#4MicroOmegaManPosted 7/28/2011 6:38:07 PM
I think NSMB Wii is much better. More challenging, more creative, and of course some of the best multiplayer I've ever seen in a platformer.
---
If the game gets a bad score, bash the game; if the game gets a good score, bash the reviewer. - stanthelovebot
Buy these: Klonoa (Wii), Fragile Dreams,
#5gransPosted 7/28/2011 6:40:02 PM(edited)
I'd personally at least wait and see how critical reception is for Super Mario 3D Land. New Super Mario Bros is pretty fun, but it's not very long and it's actually pretty darn easy compared to other 2D Mario games. The bosses aren't good either. Unless Mario 3D Land bombs critically, i'd just skip NSMB until further notice. Unless you can't wait or something and need a Mario fix now.

If you want Mario 64 DS, at least note that although the 3DS has an analog stick and you can use it in DS games, the game will still only recognize only 8 directions and it won't be pressure sensitive for walking or whatever. The only benefits will be more comfort and making diagonals easier to hit. If you liked it before with the dpad, you'll like it somewhat more with the 3DS' slide pad. Just telling you though.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#6King_of_NerdsPosted 7/28/2011 6:40:33 PM
LordAndrew posted...
Depending on your financial situation, you should be able to do both.

THIS
---
3DS: 1075-0740-6302 PSN: briantheuber123 "even a hobo also have money" - fakewars
#7SupaT(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 6:45:34 PM(edited)
To be honest, I can't think of any difficult 2D mario games. Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 had some challenging points. Mario 64 of course also had some challenging points, but I can usually breeze through most 2D mario games, but that doesn't make them any less fun.

To be in perspective, how would you say the difficulty (and fun factor) of New Super Mario Bros compares to the Wii Version (single player obviously)?

And by both? What are yall referring to? Mario 3D Land and New Super Mario? Or New Super Mario and Mario 64?