Price drop not a big deal.

#31Alive1981Posted 7/28/2011 8:03:16 PM
I own the regular DS, and see no reason at all to make the jump just yet. I have confidence that once the new Mario Kart & Pokemon games come out, it will do just fine. The new Layton games will give me the motivation to make the jump. 3D capability I just don't think is in very high demand at the moment for a portable. This price jump is good news for me just in case I make the decision in the future, as casual gamers will find a +$200 price tag for a portable system to be a bit excessive.
#32SMASHKING84Posted 7/28/2011 8:04:19 PM
Games get canceled all the time it has nothing to do with sales other wise why does still see cancelled games? and ps2 did too sales of the system mean almost nothing especially when the sales are in the millions within a year of launch hell even nes didnt sell that well in the first year
---
Twilight Princess is the best zelda people who agree:33 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpaXnL9t4s0
#33VampiricDragon_Posted 7/28/2011 8:04:34 PM
Ben Reilly posted...
VampiricDragon_ posted...

your right. It was cancelled before. And it was the same scenerio. But it didnt matter.

WTF are you talking about? That game was canceled over a year later, not a month after it was featured at e3.

It was announced in October 2006

http://psp.ign.com/articles/738/738327p1.html

And was canceled in November 2007

http://psp.ign.com/articles/834/834186p1.html

So again, how is that the same?

The game was vaporware. Thats how it was the same. They let it drag out that long it was worse. And I didnt read your bogus E3 criteria.
---
Games to Watch: SRW OG 2, SMT Devil Survivor 2, Grand Knight History, 7th dragon 2020, Paper Mario 3ds, Dragon Quest X, FF Type-0, LoH: Trails of Blue
#34Ben ReillyPosted 7/28/2011 8:05:13 PM
xCha0s posted...
this is the first time in history a handheld electronic (that didnt get discontinued soon after) has ever dropped price by almost 100 dollars in the first 5 months it launched. i strongly believe its a first for ALL handheld electronics even... it definatley is for gaming.

Naw

The original iPHONE dropped $200 3 months after a launch. It went from $599 to $399 and anyone who purchased during that month got a $200 credit, and all the early adopters who were pissed actually got a $100 itunes store credit.
---
Lebatard: "So what more could Derrick Rose actually have done to make you acknowledge that he had a bad game? Urinate on himself?"
#35VampiricDragon_Posted 7/28/2011 8:06:05 PM
xCha0s posted...
this is the first time in history a handheld electronic (that didnt get discontinued soon after) has ever dropped price by almost 100 dollars in the first 5 months it launched. i strongly believe its a first for ALL handheld electronics even... it definatley is for gaming.

Your right this is a first its been done by this large a margin.

But it just shows you how wrong they were about the price.

But the sales are still "relatively" ok if you use the ds as a beramter
---
Games to Watch: SRW OG 2, SMT Devil Survivor 2, Grand Knight History, 7th dragon 2020, Paper Mario 3ds, Dragon Quest X, FF Type-0, LoH: Trails of Blue
#36YAMI_ANUBIS_XPosted 7/28/2011 8:10:03 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#37Ben ReillyPosted 7/28/2011 8:16:27 PM(edited)
YAMI_ANUBIS_X do not start you effin lies again, I don't know what your issue is, and I though we squashed everything, but I'm sick of you.

The only troll from the PSP board is Kurgan, who has multiple accounts. I have one account and have never been banded for anything.

And would you explain how giving correct information is now trolling? I have no post on the PSP boards and haven't posted there in months, since PW came out, and my one post on the PSV board is answering a question about whether or not the system will have built in memory.

And anyone who wants to prove it can just follow my post.

One of the great things about the new gamefaqs is you can easily prove who is lying.
---
Lebatard: "So what more could Derrick Rose actually have done to make you acknowledge that he had a bad game? Urinate on himself?"