So who is using the 7 Day Price Match to get the 20 Free Games & $170 Price

#1Ben ReillyPosted 7/28/2011 8:11:13 PM
Most retailers offer a 7 day price match guarantee. What this means is, if there is a price drop on something you buy within the period up to 7 days after you buy it. You can get that money refunded back to you.

So who is going to buy the 3DS at $250 a few days before August 12 and register for the eShop to get the 20 free games, then go back into the retailer and get them to refund you the price difference for the drop to $170?
---
Lebatard: "So what more could Derrick Rose actually have done to make you acknowledge that he had a bad game? Urinate on himself?"
#2Baha05Posted 7/28/2011 8:13:31 PM
Nope
#3mahgah91Posted 7/28/2011 8:13:39 PM
If you do this you should check on their policy. Not all retailers do it and it's not always universal within a retailer that does it. With situations like these, they might even exclude the 3DS.
---
Nintendo 3DS FC: Mahgah 1547-5225-3564
#4Ben Reilly(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 8:15:07 PM
mkbk posted...
If you do this you should check on their policy. Not all retailers do it and it's not always universal within a retailer that does it. With situations like these, they might even exclude the 3DS.

Wal-Mart Does It

Gamestop Does it

Bestbuy Does it

Target Does it
---
Lebatard: "So what more could Derrick Rose actually have done to make you acknowledge that he had a bad game? Urinate on himself?"
#5JackalfoxPosted 7/28/2011 8:16:47 PM
I will, if I can somehow get enough money... My birthday is next month, so I could inform my family about the price drop and the price matching thing, but at the same time, I really need to pay my friend for the 360 he's giving me.
---
"July 18th, 2011: remember this date, Capcom. The date you made a powerless, but extremely annoying enemy." - Professor Icepick (via Capcom Unity)
#6Soccer009Posted 7/28/2011 8:18:32 PM
Ben Reilly posted...
mkbk posted...

Wal-Mart Does It

Gamestop Does it

Bestbuy Does it

Target Does it

good luck with gamestop or best buy they probably know about the 3DS deal and won't let you do the deal depending on the Wal-Mart and Target too so you'd have to get someone who has no idea about this deal in order to get it
#7Heminga13Posted 7/28/2011 8:19:03 PM
I think that applies to unexpected price drops though. Retailers know the 3DS is dropping in price soon. Amazon isn't even selling the 3DS until Aug 12, now, for this reason I imagine.
---
Playing: Final Fantasy 7/Team Fortress 2
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Heminga13
#8dmaz2Posted 7/28/2011 8:19:04 PM
Ben Reilly posted...
mkbk posted...

Wal-Mart Does It

Gamestop Does it

Bestbuy Does it

Target Does it

We still don't know whether or not they will reimburse specifically the 3DS, considering they will most likely be well aware that Nintendo is already offering compensation.
---
If you ever feel that a game is too short, just remember this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl5iWQOojvk
#9ZiggyStardust61Posted 7/28/2011 8:26:29 PM
Im using the best buy 30day price match guarantee, I got mine on the 18th of July.
---
http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=alanna3081
GO THERE! sign up, activate account. that's it. THANK YOU
#10Ben Reilly(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 8:28:45 PM
Soccer009 posted...

good luck with gamestop or best buy they probably know about the 3DS deal and won't let you do the deal depending on the Wal-Mart and Target too so you'd have to get someone who has no idea about this deal in order to get it

None of these companies are going to stop you, they didn't stop you when the 360 had it's pre-announced Price drops, or the DS lines, or the Wii.
---