Sign here if you're gonna try to use the loophole...

#1CellularArrestPosted 7/28/2011 9:08:52 PM
...and if not, return it for a refund.

*signs*
---
Roses are red, violets are blue.
All of my base are belong to you.
#2LordAndrewPosted 7/28/2011 9:10:31 PM
It's a trap!
---
Sent from my 3DS
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
#3SSJ4CHRISPosted 7/28/2011 9:13:42 PM
It's not really a loophole. It's using a corporate policy to its potential, which the company instituted to try to build customer loyalty.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225
PSN: phayro_rip
#4so64Posted 7/28/2011 9:13:49 PM
I wonder...If one can not use the loophole, would they refund it for 250 dollars or 169.99 dollars?
---
www.brokencontrollers.com
My dragon egg is dead. Thanks guys. Also, blue cheese is evil and the creator should be flogged.
#5PDTECRJPosted 7/28/2011 9:14:54 PM
If you don't have your receipt, but they are willing to accept the return for some reason, then you'd only get $169.99. If you have your receipt, they'll refund you whatever it states you paid.
---
your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here
#6raymanfan1Posted 7/28/2011 9:16:12 PM
You lot sicken me. Nintendo is being (kinda and kinda not) nice to those who are dissapointed with the price decrease. This offer is not for you immoral bastards.
---
"Francine, stop. My Dick is not a Dog... It's Batman." Stan, American Dad
#7CellularArrest(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 9:32:18 PM
It's a win for everybody. Sans the people who paid full price for the 3DS.

I'm willing to bet you that Nintendo doesn't give a damn how many people exploit this situation. They have sold 4.3 million worldwide as of this month. They had originally estimated to sell that many in the first few weeks. That was their estimate. When their sales figures game back grossly over estimated, they needed to figure out something fast.

So they dropped the price. They just want to get the units off the floor. They own all of that software they're gonna be giving away for free anyway. It'll cost them absolutely nothing. They need to get hype for the 3DS up, and if this is the way to do it. They won't care how many people exploit this.

The retailers don't care because they will still see their cut. The free games will have nothing to do with their store. They want you in and out as quickly as possible. They also don't want you messing up their inventories. Nintendo may of told stores not to give customers their $80 dollars back but I'm willing to bet that a number of retailer big wigs don't care, and don't want to have to deal with the headaches the mass returns will cause. Instead of having to return X amount of 3DS's for a refund, they just give the customer $80 and see them on their way.
---
Roses are red, violets are blue.
All of my base are belong to you.
#8PDTECRJPosted 7/28/2011 9:42:56 PM
raymanfan1 posted...
You lot sicken me. Nintendo is being (kinda and kinda not) nice to those who are dissapointed with the price decrease. This offer is not for you immoral bastards.

Really? Sicken you? I could understand if you said that you were disappointed, but sickened? Sheesh.
---
your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here
#9KodegaPosted 7/28/2011 9:45:53 PM
Honestly, having seen the so-far list of of the 20 games they're offering. I really don't consider it worth the effort.
---
Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
#10raymanfan1Posted 7/28/2011 9:49:14 PM
PDTECRJ posted...
raymanfan1 posted...

Really? Sicken you? I could understand if you said that you were disappointed, but sickened? Sheesh.

Yeah, this is coming from a person I'm directing my comment to. Of course you're gonna say that. Sheesh to you.
---
"Francine, stop. My Dick is not a Dog... It's Batman." Stan, American Dad