Is it possible for me to return my 3DS for a full refund?

#1RhodechillPosted 7/28/2011 9:59:21 PM
Got it from Wal*mart about ten days ago. Then suddenly they announce a price drop. I was kind of pissed because 1) I had lost a wallet with $700 in it in March, 2) My mom bought me the 3DS for my birthday and now she's dead broke for the rest of the month, 3) One of my friends owes me $350 and I'm constantly being screwed over with money lately. I barely have enough money for decent food and school clothes.

So the extra $80 I could save by returning/selling the 3DS and then rebuying it when the price drop takes place would help me out quite a bit. I'm not exactly trying to go for a loophole...the 20 games are nice but none of them interest me so far. Just kind of sucks blowing all your savings for a gadget and then it gets a price cut ten days later.

And the 3DS is in near perfect condition. Not even a fingerprint on the touch screen.
---
http://www.linerider.org/forum
#2RemixDeluxePosted 7/28/2011 10:00:16 PM
With your financial state you describe what the hell are you doing with a 3DS?
---
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#3so64Posted 7/28/2011 10:00:32 PM
You should be able to. I don't see why Wal*Mart would not take it back.
---
www.brokencontrollers.com
My dragon egg is dead. Thanks guys. Also, blue cheese is evil and the creator should be flogged.
#4Ben ReillyPosted 7/28/2011 10:00:39 PM
If you still have the box, and everything included, Wal-Mart will take it and probably give you a giftcard for the value if you don't have the receipt.

If you paid with a credit or debit card they can pull your receipt.
---
Lebatard: "So what more could Derrick Rose actually have done to make you acknowledge that he had a bad game? Urinate on himself?"
#5Mariofan15Posted 7/28/2011 10:01:27 PM
Rhodechill posted...
Got it from Wal*mart about ten days ago. Then suddenly they announce a price drop. I was kind of pissed because 1) I had lost a wallet with $700 in it in March, 2) My mom bought me the 3DS for my birthday and now she's dead broke for the rest of the month, 3) One of my friends owes me $350 and I'm constantly being screwed over with money lately. I barely have enough money for decent food and school clothes.

So the extra $80 I could save by returning/selling the 3DS and then rebuying it when the price drop takes place would help me out quite a bit. I'm not exactly trying to go for a loophole...the 20 games are nice but none of them interest me so far. Just kind of sucks blowing all your savings for a gadget and then it gets a price cut ten days later.

And the 3DS is in near perfect condition. Not even a fingerprint on the touch screen.

Nice sob story. Why should anyone believe it?
---
Pokemon White:1163-1399-0122
Nintendo 3DS:3394-3658-2611
#6kk4176Posted 7/28/2011 10:02:21 PM
Even if they refuse you initially as long as you are persistent they will most likely allow you to do this since what you are saying is quite reasonable...btw I don't think anyone should be telling him what he can and can not buy.
#7so64Posted 7/28/2011 10:03:08 PM
Mariofan15 posted...
Rhodechill posted...

I do not believe TC has given any reason to be skeptical. Misfortunes happen, sometimes in groups, and you have to react accordingly.
---
www.brokencontrollers.com
My dragon egg is dead. Thanks guys. Also, blue cheese is evil and the creator should be flogged.
#8Soccer009Posted 7/28/2011 10:03:43 PM
Mariofan15 posted...
Rhodechill posted...

haha yeah 700 in a wallet? no wallet I've seen can even hold 10 bills and then the 350? how is that possible come on man
#9Rhodechill(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 10:04:16 PM
I'm not asking for anyone to buy my sob story. I don't care if you believe it but just figure I'd briefly share it.

But I thought they wouldn't accept a return if the box was opened?
---
http://www.linerider.org/forum
#10RemixDeluxePosted 7/28/2011 10:05:21 PM
Even if they refuse you initially as long as you are persistent they will most likely allow you to do this since what you are saying is quite reasonable...btw I don't think anyone should be telling him what he can and can not buy.

Yeah I can tell anyone I want especially if they are complaining about not having enough money for food and clothing. Really now a gaming device is a necessity now? Someone needs a sanity check.
---
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog