Is it possible for me to return my 3DS for a full refund?

#21hatemakingnamesPosted 7/28/2011 10:45:51 PM
Rhodechill posted...
Got it from Wal*mart about ten days ago. Then suddenly they announce a price drop. I was kind of pissed because 1) I had lost a wallet with $700 in it in March, 2) My mom bought me the 3DS for my birthday and now she's dead broke for the rest of the month, 3) One of my friends owes me $350 and I'm constantly being screwed over with money lately. I barely have enough money for decent food and school clothes.

1: Don't care.
2: Don't care.
3: Don't care.

Is it possible for me to return my 3DS for a full refund?:

Walmart Return Policy: (http://walmartstores.com/7658.aspx)

Computers, camcorders, digital cameras, digital music players, e-tablets, e-readers, portable video players, GPS units, video game hardware, pre-paid cell phones, and post-paid cell phones must be returned within 15 days with a receipt.

Q: Do you accept RETURNS without a receipt?

A: Walmart, for several years, has accepted returns without a receipt, even though many of our competitors require receipts for all returns. Walmart gives customers the option of a cash refund (if the purchase was under $25), a shopping card for the amount of the purchase (if it was over $25) or an even exchange for the product. Also, as applicable, we follow any manufacturer’s warranties.

Scam the system:

If it's been more than 15 days or you didn't buy from walmart, you can say you bought it within 15 days, paid cash (Debit/credit purchases can be tracked), and lost the receipt. You might get a $250 gift card.

Lots of other stores have similar return policies. I return xmas gifts to the store that sells them for the most money. :)

If you want the 20 free games, buy a used 3DS for $150-$160 (If the price isn't there yet, it will probably reach there before the 11th)

Personally, I think I'll just keep my system data and downloads over a small savings though.