If you had a close friend or family member that wants to buy a 3DS

#1AduIt_LlNKPosted 7/28/2011 11:04:53 PM
would you tell them to use that "loophole" that everyone here is talking about in order to get both the 20 free games AND the price drop? I would. Of course, this is assuming that your family/friends aren't as informed as you are, and have no idea that early adopters can get 20 free games.

I admit that I'm jealous of anyone that successfully gets the 20 free games and the $169 3DS, but I wouldn't be so selfish as to deliberately prevent people from getting the best of both worlds. I'm the type of person that wishes success upon others.
---
Go to http://www.petitiononline.com/OpMnfall/petition.html and post this to your sig if you want Majora's Mask 3D.
#2sonicboom510Posted 7/28/2011 11:07:12 PM
I would tell them not to buy the 3DS at all.
---
http://i56.tinypic.com/25stpxf.gif
#3so64Posted 7/28/2011 11:08:17 PM
Of course; then again, I would tell anyone who was interested in a 3DS. And to be honest, I see this more of a gray area than a legitimate loophole.
---
www.brokencontrollers.com
My dragon egg is dead. Thanks guys. Also, blue cheese is evil and the creator should be flogged.
#4SSJ4CHRISPosted 7/28/2011 11:09:40 PM
It is a return policy, and nothing like a loophole.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225
PSN: phayro_rip
#5AduIt_LlNK(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 11:10:20 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...

Ok, so would you recommend them to use the return policy?
---
Go to http://www.petitiononline.com/OpMnfall/petition.html and post this to your sig if you want Majora's Mask 3D.
#6UiruPosted 7/28/2011 11:21:38 PM
It's not a return policy, it's a price protection plan. If you buy something and the price goes down in 30 days, you bring your receipt in and receive the difference.

Knowing there's an incoming price drop changes nothing. The store either continues selling product because people know they can get their money back, or everybody waits for the price drop, introducing a hiccup in sales forecasts and the like.

Nintendo gets a boost not only for slashing the 3DS price, but for announcing the free game program with enough leeway for fence-sitters to think about it and get on board. Best Buy and friends get a boost because people are going to buy from them, instead of, say, GameStop, where there won't be price matching. Savvy customers get a boost for scoring 20 free games along with their considerably cheaper 3DS they've been considering but weren't yet sold on. Early adopters get screwed. All is right with the world.

And I'm pretty sure I've told everybody in the world about this by now. Save $80, get 20 free games? That's good news! Share the wealth (assuming you have any).
---
~Uiru
#7MattperdPosted 7/28/2011 11:22:13 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...

Loophole:
1. A way of escaping a difficulty, especially an omission or ambiguity in the wording of a contract or law that provides a means of evading compliance.

loophole
n
1. an ambiguity, omission, etc., as in a law, by which one can avoid a penalty or responsibility
2. (Military / Fortifications) a small gap or hole in a wall, esp one in a fortified wall

It's a loophole. C'mon, if you're going to exploit a system, at least have the decency to acknowledge it...
---
Poke' Black: 4555 9840 5971
"The epitome of a douche move would be to allow N64 games in 3D classics, then add like, StarFox and OoT." - PhantomSword
#8PrealienkingPosted 7/28/2011 11:23:08 PM
No, I would tell them that they can choose between paying the extra 80 dollars and getting 20 free games, which I would then show to them, or they can wait and get the 80 dollars off.
---
Currently Working on - War of the Forsaken(working title)
#9SSJ4CHRISPosted 7/28/2011 11:23:37 PM
AduIt_LlNK posted...
SSJ4CHRIS posted...

Ok, so would you recommend them to use the return policy?

Of course. Then they could buy another game for the 3DS. And maybe a screen protector to prevent top possibility of the top screen getting the lines in it.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225
PSN: phayro_rip
#10AduIt_LlNK(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 11:29:48 PM
You can call it a loophole, exploit, return policy, swindling, whatever that's not the point. For argument's sake, let's just assume there's a 100% chance that people will be able to use this loophole/policy to get both the 20 free games and the price cut.

I made this topic because I wanted to question everyone's morals. I wanna know what type of person you are. Would you want your friends/family taking advantage of this loophole/policy, or would you be happier if they had to choose between the price cut or the 20 free games?
---