If you had a close friend or family member that wants to buy a 3DS

#11so64Posted 7/28/2011 11:32:26 PM
AduIt_LlNK posted...
You can call it a loophole, exploit, return policy, swindling, whatever that's not the point. For argument's sake, let's just assume there's a 100% chance that people will be able to use this loophole/policy to get both the 20 free games and the price cut.

I made this topic because I wanted to question everyone's morals. I wanna know what type of person you are. Would you want your friends/family taking advantage of this loophole/policy, or would you be happier if they had to choose between the price cut or the 20 free games?

For some reason, I do not think this should be a gauge of ones morals. It seems a bit superfluous to be up in arms about.
---
www.brokencontrollers.com
My dragon egg is dead. Thanks guys. Also, blue cheese is evil and the creator should be flogged.
#12hatemakingnamesPosted 7/28/2011 11:37:53 PM
If they said "Buy a 3DS and we'll give you $100,000", would you do it? It would bankrupt the company, but it was their dumb decision and they've already made it. It's going to happen, for better or worse.

Nintendo could say, "Everyone who logged into the eshop before August 2nd" or "Everyone who sends proof of purchase before July 28th"

These stores could say, "We will not offer price reduction guarantees on this item since the price drop has been announced"

But the fact is, they don't care. Nintendo wants to prove that this price drop will sell units. They don't care if you're getting the games, they just want "Ambassadors" (lol do I get diplomatic immunity?) to not get pissed off. They don't care about profits at this point, they need to show system sales.
#13PrealienkingPosted 7/28/2011 11:54:44 PM
so64 posted...
AduIt_LlNK posted...
You can call it a loophole, exploit, return policy, swindling, whatever that's not the point. For argument's sake, let's just assume there's a 100% chance that people will be able to use this loophole/policy to get both the 20 free games and the price cut.

I made this topic because I wanted to question everyone's morals. I wanna know what type of person you are. Would you want your friends/family taking advantage of this loophole/policy, or would you be happier if they had to choose between the price cut or the 20 free games?

For some reason, I do not think this should be a gauge of ones morals. It seems a bit superfluous to be up in arms about.

An odd way to gauge one's moral, I agree. Though, a decision does give a good insight into one's personality. Which, gives some insight into their lives and as a result, a limited look at morals.

People who don't use the loophole(assuming it works 100% of the time) are the people who try to do the right thing, no matter what the opposing side is. Either that, or they don't care about money, or are just too lazy to do it.

People who do use the loophole are the people that will try to work through every crack to make something more convenient for themselves. Not really selfish, more of a human instinct to get the absolute best result. Something I can really respect, considering how much more work it'll take than just picking one side and taking it.

Me, I take the moral high ground. Primarily, because I hate doing wrong. Make somebody angry? Sad stomache. Make somebody cry? No sleep that night. I was raised to do the "right" thing no matter the expense to me, but at the same time, sometimes the "right" thing is the "wrong" thing to other people. So, I end up not being able to please everybody and end up staying up at night wondering how I could have done that better. My guess is that I try to make up doing the "wrong" thing by doing the "right" thing to people who don't care. My guess is just that I feel if I do the "right" thing, then I can redeem myself in the mind of my subconcious. Though, highest grade on my A.P. test, one Student of the Year Award, and a perfect 4.0 later. I still stay up at night with regret...

It's 1 A.M. After midnight, I get philosophical. It's weird. One time my friend and I had an hour long conversation about the human mind and how we would react to varying kinds of aliens. Also, no drugs involved. This is all natural...
---
Currently Working on - War of the Forsaken(working title)
#14AduIt_LlNK(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2011 12:07:38 AM
I always try to do the right thing as well, but using return policies to save $80 and get the 20 free games is hardly stealing imo. If you hadn't bought a 3DS yet, would you seriously choose between the price drop or free games instead of getting both?

If it were me, I would definitely take advantage of the loophole because even if I paid the extra $80, I doubt it would make a difference to Nintendo nor would it influence other people to do the same. I don't see the loophole as an easy way out; I believe there should always be a way to get what you want without having to make sacrifices.
---
Go to http://www.petitiononline.com/OpMnfall/petition.html and post this to your sig if you want Majora's Mask 3D.
#15MattperdPosted 7/29/2011 12:16:10 AM
AduIt_LlNK posted...
I don't see the loophole as an easy way out; I believe there should always be a way to get what you want without having to make sacrifices.

I'm going to write this line down.

That line could make so much conversation. Regardless if I disagree or not, I see this as a great debate topic.
---
Poke' Black: 4555 9840 5971
"The epitome of a douche move would be to allow N64 games in 3D classics, then add like, StarFox and OoT." - PhantomSword
#16SSJ4CHRISPosted 7/29/2011 12:28:10 AM
Seriously, if a return policy is now just a loophole because early adopters are oddly upset by people that have patience and know how to find a good deal, then 3D was never anything more than a gimmick. Since Nintendo has made commercials not focusing on 3D anymore, I guess that means is was just a diversion to get you to noticed the 3DS. A return policy has never been a loophole until now and it is used by national chains to establish loyalty.

The "ambassador program" is just a loophole also. It's only reason for existing is to appease early adopters that would be crapping themselves in anger right now over the price cut if they didn't get anything in return and try to lure people into becoming fans of the 3DS and Nintendo during their slump.

Calling price matching a loophole is not a fact, but once again, nintendo faithfuls seem to think that their opinions are the final word in every situation. You can call it whatever you want, but thinking it is "immoral", "stealing", or "shameful" is just nuts. Anyone who buys the 3DS before 11:59 pm on August 11 is an early adopter in the terms of the "ambassador program", but why is the fact that anyone who buys it within the price match time frame could demand a refund bothering nintendo fanboys so much? If you say its because nintendo loses money, you're wrong. If you say you would never do that, then how can anyone be sure since you can't do that anyway?
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225
PSN: phayro_rip