Hopefully this isn't the last power move we see from Nintendo...

#1InfamouslyNycePosted 7/28/2011 11:02:42 PM
Obviously some traditions Nintendo had stuck with for ages worked for a reason, such as launching handhelds at $199. They've broken that tradition, so they needed to make a drastic change to their marketing and pricing. I really think they should restructure their R&D.

There are plenty of doomsayers on this board, but I'm not addressing them. I personally purchase Nintendo products out of brand loyalty, not afraid to admit. The same way I love Samsung phones, old spice deodorant, and Dawn for dish detergent.

Moving forward I believe Nintendo should focus on the core they captivated these past generations. They should start listening to their fans, the ones who constantly buy their products. Take Op Rainfall and Moonfall seriously, release Mother 3 in the US, start involving fans in development of games and hardware. I don't care much for the 3 RPG's we haven't seen, nor the earthbound series, but I'd support MM3D. Fight to get exclusive rights to publish MML3.

It's due time for them to expand upon 3DS online functionality. Enable online messaging, add a party system, start developing video(3D) conferencing. Enable flash on the browser, and start developing more personalized apps. Also license rights for free apps like facebook, photobucket etc... Push and market the hell out of the 3D browsing capabilities of the system!

Start developing a new GUI for the 3DS. Not that anything is wrong now, but theres more to be desired than what's there now.

There are loads more they can do from a marketing stand point, but I'm posting from my 3DS and getting tired of using the stylus. I sure hope they decide to play on some fan service because they can make plenty from us, and the new users we can bring to the table.
---
3DS: Infamous FC: 1848-1793-3231
Posted from my 3DS. Alt for D Nyce
#2cheeseyrox2Posted 7/28/2011 11:05:50 PM
First off, Nintendo listens to its fans. People have been clamoring for a return of Kid Icarus and a new Donkey Kong Country. That's just two examples.

It's Nintendo of America and their dumbass policy that needs to change regarding OPR.

I agree with expanding online functionality, even though I definitely care more about gaming experiences to be had in that handheld. That's just me, though.
---
If I were stuck on an island with Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Modern Warfare 2, I would play Super Mario Galaxy 2 first. People who agree: 222
#3Starwars4JPosted 7/28/2011 11:06:54 PM
InfamouslyNyce posted...
Obviously some traditions Nintendo had stuck with for ages worked for a reason, such as launching handhelds at $199.

Stopped reading there. Was the whole thing that factually inaccurate?
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#4moogle69Posted 7/28/2011 11:12:25 PM
^^yup and the whole world does not revolve around the TC.
---
playing: Dragon Quest VI
looking forward to: Final Fantasy-Type 0, Dragon Quest Monster Joker 2, ES: SKYRIM V, Dark Souls, Hopefully FFversus XIII for 360
#5cheeseyrox2Posted 7/28/2011 11:12:38 PM
"Fight to get exclusive rights to publish MML3"

was pretty out there
---
If I were stuck on an island with Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Modern Warfare 2, I would play Super Mario Galaxy 2 first. People who agree: 222
#6InfamouslyNyce(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 11:13:58 PM
As far as online services go, I think they need to upgrade the service to remain current and relevant compared to other entertainment devices on the market right now. It's becoming tougher because markets are merging. It will be hard to remain a video game manufacturer without acknowledging people can play games online for free, and on other home based or mobile mediums they already own or intend to buy that utilize multiple functions.
---
3DS: Infamous FC: 1848-1793-3231
Posted from my 3DS. Alt for D Nyce
#7IcyWind14Posted 7/28/2011 11:14:38 PM

Fight to get exclusive rights to publish MML3.

...Huh?
---
Not changing this sig until Capcom starts giving a damn about Mega Man again.
#8kfcsnackerPosted 7/28/2011 11:16:07 PM
I like old spice because it's a deodorant, and antiperspirant.
---
Pokemon Black FC 3868-7895-0471 Pokemon Black Wi-Fi Record 136-37
Check Quote before battling me.
#9D NycePosted 7/28/2011 11:28:58 PM(edited)
Stopped reading there. Was the whole thing that factually inaccurate?

^^yup and the whole world does not revolve around the TC.

was pretty out there

...Huh?

Had to get on my netbook. Easier to type faster.

I may have been wrong about the launch pricing of Handhelds, but from what I remember most handhelds I bought DS Phat prior were $200. The point I was trying to make is, 3DS should have released for $199 or less. Previous handheld prices are irrelevant to what I was trying to say. By the way, if you have nothing better to do than ridicule my post, not even showing enough pride to correct what I said then you don't have to post at all, you've contributed nothing to this discussion.

It's not about the world revolving around me, it's about NoA showing a bit more care for their fans. They have released games a lot of people have wanted. But as I've stated before there is more to be desired. I don't care for Pandoras tower or the last story or any of those games, but personally I know a lot of people that do and would love to play them before the end of the days for the Wii.

Yea, I am aware that Capcom is a developer and publisher, but I believe that Nintendo should try to get them to release MML3 because it sounds like something, from what I've read online a lot of their fans would like to see, and were very upset that it won't be released as far as we know. I could care less, I'm a MMX fan myself but that series is dead now.

If you think I am wrong then do tell me, what's the problem with a company involving their fans in development? Nintendo tried something like this with the brawl dojo, but didn't accept much input from the people who would be buying and playing the game. Result is they still hit target sales, but a lot of people were dissatisfied, especially with the very sub par online offering which could have been an awesome experience. Yes, I enjoy playing smash with friends in my home, but I also love online gaming as much as local multiplayer. Having a decent OPTION for both would have been great, but online is unplayable for me.

Giving your fans options and more service opens the door for them to invite more people into the world or realm they are living in. I'm a musician, and probably the only one who doesn't own a mac. But almost all musicians I know do own one. Not because of product placement or advertising, it's word of mouth that got it to where it's at as far as being a production powerhouse.
#10Starwars4JPosted 7/28/2011 11:55:25 PM
D Nyce posted...
I may have been wrong about the launch pricing of Handhelds, but from what I remember most handhelds I bought DS Phat prior were $200.

Not sure where you're from, but no Nintendo handheld console launched for more than $100US until the DS phat. The most expensive to date was the DSi XL which was still $169.99-$179.99 (higher price for the red one).
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade