I find the price drop to be absolutly unnecessary.

#1RemixDeluxePosted 7/29/2011 12:10:18 AM
1. First of all their weak launch is anything but a factor to blame on the poor performance of sales that led to this disaster. Why couldn't they have not waited till after their main 1st party games sell out since they didn't give them a chance to do so and then decide from there if a price drop was necessary?

2. Most importantly game systems tend to sell better overall during a holiday season and since the 3DS hasn't even been through one yet (independence day doesn't count) I think they should of waited like I said and decide to drop if it continued to be bad as it is now.
---
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#2AduIt_LlNKPosted 7/29/2011 12:11:11 AM
So you want the 3DS to be more expensive?
---
Go to http://www.petitiononline.com/OpMnfall/petition.html and post this to your sig if you want Majora's Mask 3D.
#3RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2011 12:12:41 AM
^
I never once implied that. All I am saying was they never gave the system a shot with its 1st party games and holiday seasons. For all we know it could of sold just as well if it stayed at 250.
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#4cheeseyrox2Posted 7/29/2011 12:14:49 AM
I do think it would have done alright if it stayed at $250.

But $170 IS better. Nintendo is always better off being cheaper than the competition.
---
If I were stuck on an island with Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Modern Warfare 2, I would play Super Mario Galaxy 2 first. People who agree: 222
#5RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2011 12:20:58 AM
^
at least someone understands the way I see it they are backing out too early to tell how this will play out. 4 months is anything but a long time to tell how something will be.
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#6ffdghPosted 7/29/2011 12:22:46 AM
they don't want to repeat game cube, and besides, the cut allows ppl to afford even more game, thus increasing sales overall lolz
---
Official Ventus Luck Charm of the Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Board XD
sarcasm is fun. :D
#7IcyWind14Posted 7/29/2011 12:24:17 AM
August is earlier than I expected, but a price drop was going to happen by the end of the year. There's no way Nintendo would've taken on the Vita with a same priced handheld.
---
Not changing this sig until Capcom starts giving a damn about Mega Man again.
#8RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2011 12:28:46 AM
^
thats like saying two guys got in a gun fight. First guy brought his gun but forgot to load it up at home and the 2nd guy shot him in the leg. The first guy complained that he would of done better if he loaded it ahead of time.

In that example the games are the bullets. If the 3DS (gun) was loaded with games (bullets) dont you think that fight would of been more fair play?
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#9IcyWind14Posted 7/29/2011 12:31:15 AM

In that example the games are the bullets. If the 3DS (gun) was loaded with games (bullets) dont you think that fight would of been more fair play?

No, but I do think that was the worse analogy I've ever read.
---
Not changing this sig until Capcom starts giving a damn about Mega Man again.
#10jenningsnash313Posted 7/29/2011 12:34:30 AM
Remixdeluxe posted...
^
thats like saying two guys got in a gun fight. First guy brought his gun but forgot to load it up at home and the 2nd guy shot him in the leg. The first guy complained that he would of done better if he loaded it ahead of time.

That's an awful analogy. Who cares, I see it as necessary because it'll help.
---
Phoenix Suns = :(