What did people get when the Ipad dropped in price?

#1Lemmywinks13Posted 7/28/2011 11:53:25 PM
Remember when the Ipad came out and was being sold for like $700 and then a year later the Ipad 2 came out and the Ipad 1 was being sold for like $400? What did Apple do for these customers. Same for people that were spending $600 on the Iphone when it first came out. Now they are basically given away with contracts. What did the early adopters there get? This isn't a knock against Apple, this is ALL technology. This is unprecedented the way Nintendo is taking care of it's fans and I couldn't be more happy about it. Anyone hating on it is either a troll or a Sony fanboy that can't stand the awesomeness of the 3DS. My advice for you is to suck it up and buy one along with the Vita. Have the best of both worlds and you will be a happier person for it.
#2KoopalmierPosted 7/28/2011 11:54:23 PM
What did people get when the PS3 dropped in price ?

Really, I hope they got something.
---
Ono suspects Mario could easily defeat M. Bison.
#3Lemmywinks13(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 11:57:10 PM
They got their identity threatened and their internet gaming and shopping taken away for two months lol.
#4SSJ4CHRISPosted 7/28/2011 11:59:22 PM
A cheaper iPad.

A cheaper PS3.

What did people get when the Wii dropped in price? Seriously, I hope they got something.

A cheaper Wii.

See the pattern? Fans only got a cheaper device and they all were better off for it. Okay, nintendo wasn't. Too bad fanboys. Your points can be countered with points about nintendo too, so trying to bash other companies while thinking nintendo is untouchable is a mistake.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225
PSN: phayro_rip
#5IokuaPosted 7/28/2011 11:59:51 PM
Koopalmier posted...
What did people get when the PS3 dropped in price ?

Really, I hope they got something.

They got the satisfaction of knowing their version of the console had better backwards compatibility, as opposed to none.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#6Starwars4JPosted 7/29/2011 12:02:28 AM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
A cheaper iPad.

A cheaper PS3.

What did people get when the Wii dropped in price? Seriously, I hope they got something.

A cheaper Wii.

See the pattern? Fans only got a cheaper device and they all were better off for it. Okay, nintendo wasn't. Too bad fanboys. Your points can be countered with points about nintendo too, so trying to bash other companies while thinking nintendo is untouchable is a mistake.

You really are missing the point again, Chris. None of the other companies gave anything to the early adopters after the massive price drops, but Nintendo has given a huge amount of content. Content which you just said was essentially unnecessary. So aren't they nice?
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#7Lemmywinks13(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2011 12:06:09 AM
I'm confused. I asked what people that bought an Ipad for $700 got whenever the Ipad 2 came out a year later. These people most definately did NOT get a cheaper Ipad...they had the same thing they had when they bought the thing a year ago. Is it really that hard to understand? If it is, I feel sorry for you.
#8paulinkPosted 7/29/2011 12:08:31 AM
Normally, i would care less about price drops, it brings in more sales and generates more interest. But in this case, nintendo dropped the price in 4 months after the damn thing got released. By $70. To pretend like nothings wrong, they sprinkle the wound with "free" games i already played and is not new content.

It's normal to see prices decline, not in 4 months though. Thats a big F U to early adopters.
---
Sent from my iPod touch via PowerFAQs 1.7
#9lambchipsPosted 7/29/2011 12:08:31 AM
Lemmywinks13 posted...
I'm confused. I asked what people that bought an Ipad for $700 got whenever the Ipad 2 came out a year later. These people most definately did NOT get a cheaper Ipad...they had the same thing they had when they bought the thing a year ago. Is it really that hard to understand? If it is, I feel sorry for you.

this
---
phantasy star zero FC- 2364- 5734-1428
#10nhlduckz35Posted 7/29/2011 12:09:37 AM
The early iPhone adopters got free store credit.