So, are they toning down focus on 3D?

#11keyblader1985Posted 7/29/2011 2:12:42 PM
I love how they're just now taking focus off the 3D, when even most of their fans would have told them months ago that pretty much nobody cares about it. Honestly, I'm one of the most naive people in the world, and I stated outright a long time ago that their "3D" approach to marketing would fail. It's like they have a team of slightly-smarter-than-average Slowpokes running their marketing department.
---
Rest in peace, Megaman Volnutt.
#12meiyukiPosted 7/29/2011 2:19:38 PM
I love how they're just now taking focus off the 3D, when even most of their fans would have told them months ago that pretty much nobody cares about it. Honestly, I'm one of the most naive people in the world, and I stated outright a long time ago that their "3D" approach to marketing would fail. It's like they have a team of slightly-smarter-than-average Slowpokes running their marketing department.

Yeah I'm not quite sure why they put so much focus on marketing the 3d. When I first saw the system I thought it was a ds with a 3d screen, "oh that's neat i guess" "oh wait no this is a portable wii, oh now that's awesome." The 3d was never a selling point for me, just a cool feature.
#13spartalaughsPosted 7/29/2011 2:41:19 PM
xCha0s posted...
after psp go bombed the hardest of any handheld ever made

Virtual Boy. No, it's not really portable, but it's technically a handheld.
---
I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym
#14PhantomSwordPosted 7/29/2011 2:43:51 PM
I think that it's good to have 3D but not focus on it. Maybe go the PS360 route - they had HD before it was commonplace, and 3D capabilities. Now, to keep that capability, and not focus on it until it becomes big is good future-proofing.
---
My favorite part of the day is when she dance in the mirror.