Apple will probably bring the second gaming collapse.

#1crazybotPosted 7/29/2011 6:32:30 AM
It's kind of scary, if you are a core gamer that's been playing for years. I'm really starting to hate Apple. Because there is probably one good game for every 1000 they put on their service. They sell so cheap, that none of the casual market cares. They'll take their 2 dollar fart making apps, over epic core game experiences. The whole industry is being cheapened by the day. Eventually, these same people will tire of their fart apps and Angry Birds 14. And then game sales will plummet. Noone will even buy the 2 dollar games anymore. I never thought another collapse could happen to the industry. But I see a real path towards another one. And it's scary, if you are a core gamer.
#2BraveAdolPosted 7/29/2011 6:36:17 AM
Yeah in the past every single game ever was great and nothing was bad and everything was for core gamers only
---
Living in the sprawl, dead shopping malls rise like mountains beyond mountains
<3 Emily Haines of Metric is a GODDESS <3
#3TinyTankXPosted 7/29/2011 6:39:49 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4crazybot(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2011 6:41:07 AM
There's bad games on every platform, but I would say the number of crap games versus quality on the app store is way higher than the ratio on consoles. Noone is gonna be talking about Angry Birds 5 years from now. The app store is home to throw away 2 dollar apps that amuse for a short time.
#5CapnStankyPosted 7/29/2011 6:45:55 AM
Apple's doing a great thing. By kicking Nintendo's ass they're doing everyone a favor. Hopefully now Nintendo will do more than rely on a gimmick. You should be thanking Apple.
#6Sp8cemanSpiffPosted 7/29/2011 6:47:26 AM
At least the crappy games are priced accordingly. Charging 40 bucks for something like Steeldiver on the other hand? That's completely insane.
---
"If god didn't want us to eat in church, he would have made gluttony a sin." - Homer Simpson
#7MetroidJunkiePosted 7/29/2011 6:47:27 AM
Apple's doing a great thing. By kicking Nintendo's ass they're doing everyone a favor. Hopefully now Nintendo will do more than rely on a gimmick. You should be thanking Apple.

Let's applaud Apple for forcing Nintendo to use something besides gimmicks..... by using gimmicks themselves.
#8NotChris_HansenPosted 7/29/2011 6:49:59 AM
The 'Hollywood mentality' will bring about the second gaming collapse, as more and more companies aspire to make blockbuster games which appeal to the lowest common denominator.
#9crazybot(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2011 6:52:57 AM
I believe in compeition. But what I don't like, is the cheapening of the gaming industry. The effort needed to create those great Core games are gonna go by the way side, at alot of these companies. Why try to create big epic gaming experiences when we can make the next Angry Birds. And sell alot for less effort. Everything is getting chopped up, spit out in little bite size chunks. Where does that leave the Core gamer ? When I think of the App store, all I can see are thousands of cheaply made atari cartridges lined up on a wall, ready to be sold to the gullible. The only plus this time, is when the collapse happens again. We can just reset the memory and not have to fill a landfill with anything.
#10DatuDugoPosted 7/29/2011 6:56:55 AM
In metacritic, a lot of Iphone games seem to be getting high reviews well, from sites I don't know...
What is the meaning of this?
---
Her hair glistened in the rain like
nose hair after a sneeze.http://www.petitiononline.com/MajoraM/