Should I get this with the price cut soon?

#1zerooo0Posted 7/29/2011 5:43:59 AM
Topic
I can't decide Im a huge Nintendo fan but I skipped out on the 3ds because I felt the price wasn't right. But now with the price cut it seems more interesting now. So I got a few questions here like how are them weekly updates for that Eshop thing? How good is the 3d?
How much do the games cost? Also is their an Action Replay for it yet? And last question here phew that was alot, Does it support WPA2 secure connection for online gaming? Whoops I forgot I would Also like to know how well does Pokemon Black run on it and can it run on 3D also?

Also final question legitly this time, hw well does it run DS games? Phew lol that was alot of questions lol, thx for any replies. Sorry if it comes out bad typing on phone and I think it mightve messed up on me idk.
---
P90X week 1 done
ton of more weeks to go
#2zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2011 9:10:16 AM
Bump anyone?
---
P90X week 1 done
ton of more weeks to go
#3E-25Posted 7/29/2011 9:14:49 AM
zerooo0 posted...
So I got a few questions here like how are them weekly updates for that Eshop thing? Varies, but usually a complaint Thursday, ^^
How good is the 3d? Varies between games, mostly depth not pop out.
How much do the games cost? $20~$50 depending on store and sales
Also is their an Action Replay for it yet? No.
And last question here phew that was alot, Does it support WPA2 secure connection for online gaming? No.
Whoops I forgot I would Also like to know how well does Pokemon Black run on it and can it run on 3D also? No, DS games don't get 3D, but they will play on the system.

Also final question legitly this time, hw well does it run DS games?
Poor upscaling, it's a glorified DS upgrade.
---
Kowtow to your new overlords!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCpdDS3L2xs
#4T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 7/29/2011 9:20:35 AM
And last question here phew that was alot, Does it support WPA2 secure connection for online gaming?

Yes it does.

(Just correcting some misinformation)
---
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
IGN: CodenameFox
#5NikLinkPosted 7/29/2011 9:25:45 AM
Okay, in order:

1) The weekly eShop updates are decent. You usually get a few crap casual DSiWare titles, but there's usually at least one good title per week. Sometimes something really good comes out, like Link's Awakening. Don't expect a constant barrage of quality titles though.

2) The 3D is perfect. There is a "ghosting" effect, but it's inevitable with any kind of 3D tech and most of the time it's hardly noticeable. Although it strains some people's eyes more than others. I suggest you go to a demo unit and try it out before buying it.

3) The games are $40... was it too hard to go poke around Amazon and figure that out? Seriously?

4) No there isn't an Action Replay. Once again, Google could have spared me from typing this out for you.

5) This is a more legitimate question. 3DS wifi supports WEP, WPA, and WPA2, and possibly some other kinds of connection too. DS titles, as far as I know, have only ever supported WEP connections.

Your last two questions are the same thing.

6) It can run DS titles. I don't know what you mean by "well". It just... you know, runs them like a DS. However, the 3DS' screen has a larger resolution than the DS' screen, so you get the choic of either upscaling the image, and have it stretched out, or playing it at the native DS resolution and have it look small. Sprite-based games like Pokemon do NOT look well when upscaled, but you can play them just fine at the native resolution.
#6NikLinkPosted 7/29/2011 9:27:21 AM
Also no, DS games don't run in 3D, because that would make no sense in any way. Frankly, the whole notion strikes me as ridiculous.

Also next time: YOU CAN DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH.
#7WRRYYYYersPosted 7/29/2011 9:28:04 AM
In regards to number 6, I believe I've heard that Okamiden actually runs a little better on the 3DS. Like, less stuttering in battles and such.
---
Official Self-proclaimed [King of Tager]
Phoenix Wright/Arthur/??? DEAR LORD THIS GAME. PSN:OrionSTARS
#8NikLinkPosted 7/29/2011 9:30:01 AM
WRRYYYYers posted...
In regards to number 6, I believe I've heard that Okamiden actually runs a little better on the 3DS. Like, less stuttering in battles and such.

Really? That's interesting.
#9zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2011 10:26:57 AM
K thx 4 the replies, I was originally was just planning on getting a vita, but that price drop is too good to refuse. I just can't go a gen without Nintendo ;) Plus whenever they release them Action Replays they are just so fun to use.
---
P90X week 1 done
ton of more weeks to go