Seriously, do none of you get tired of...

#11OmegaZero633Posted 7/29/2011 10:56:58 AM
To quote someone from IGN:

"It's confusing to me, seeing so many angry people complaining about the price cut. Price cuts are a normal part of the business model. Sure, It might be slightly unorthodox to cut the system by $80 six months into it's life, but it must be necessary. That is the cost (no pun intended) of being an early adopter. This happens with any and all forms of technology, not just with consoles. You pay a premium to have something first.

Even more baffling is the gall some people have to complain about Nintendo's Ambassador Program. Sure, the name is dumb as hell, but what you don't seem to focus on is that fact that Nintendo doesn't have to do anything for you. Similar to Sony and their "Welcome Back" program following the PSN outage, Nintendo could just have easily done nothing for those who already dropped the $250 for the system.

There is no law demanding a company do something like this. It is an above and beyond response to a fact of life issue.

This isn't customer service. It is beyond that.

Reassess and reevaluate the false sense of entitlement you may have developed, the company doesn't owe you this.

But they are doing it anyway.

Focus on that positive for once instead of complaining about the $80 you'll never get back or the fact that you may already own some of these games or the fact that some of these games are celebrating double digit birthdays these years. Get over it and say, "Hey, thanks for even pretending to give a damn." because not everyone in life always will."
---
My 3DS FC is 4854-6508-4956.
Let me know if you want to add me so I can add you. :)
#12chaomaster4000Posted 7/29/2011 11:31:05 AM
CryogonaI posted...
While I'm not opposed to arguing against them by any means, if the following words/phrases were never used on this board again it'd be a far better place:

-Troll
-White Knight
-Fanboy / Fanboyism (of both blind and visually sound varieties)
-Nintendo Defence Force/League
-Rehash
-Butthurt
-Bawww
-Nintendrone / Sony Pony / Micro$oft
-Haters
-Damage Control
-Defensive
-Hardcore
-Casual
- "_____" is a kiddy game
-"True" gamers

etc.

Logically formed/presented arguments are fine both for and against, but so often it just comes down to throwing the same aggravating phrases around again and again. And there's a fair share of it on both sides.

My God, that's practically a complete list of what people could say that gets them put on my ignore list.
---
chao master four thousand
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6045/stpcombo.jpg
#13trizznillaPosted 7/29/2011 11:37:49 AM
Oh man, butthurt is too much fun to type and say. But anyway, is there a way to ignore another user so that their posts never come up on the screen? Or do I hafta write a list of users and just scroll on past?
---
hardcore about the casual.
#14OzymandiasIV(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2011 11:43:39 AM

Oh man, butthurt is too much fun to type and say. But anyway, is there a way to ignore another user so that their posts never come up on the screen? Or do I hafta write a list of users and just scroll on past?

Find a post from someone you want to ignore, then hit Message Detail. Scroll to the bottom, and you'll see a "ignore this user" button.
---
In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe.
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.