Anyone else think 3DS is less disappointing than Wii was?

#1endoflevelbossPosted 7/29/2011 12:07:33 PM
I bought the 3DS on day one but I kind of expected the 3D aspect to be a gimmick. I've been pleasantly surprised. It's probably my favourite handheld console ever (but yeah we could do with some good games sooner rather than later).

Wii however. Well I tried to like it. Everyone else loved it. After a couple of months I was well and truly bored of it. A couple of games (Mario Galaxy etc) made me dust it off and were good but largely I didn't like the direction Nintendo seemed to be going in.

I must be crazy cos the world bought into Wii and not 3DS.
#2iphysPosted 7/29/2011 12:36:04 PM
I sort of agree. The 3D on the 3DS hasn't disappointed me at all, but I was disappointed with the way the Wii was marketed as using motion controls although very few games did so or did more than make you randomly shake the controller. The Wii hardly seemed like as much of an advancement over the GameCube as the 3DS is over the DS.
#3ChimpsonabusPosted 7/29/2011 12:44:01 PM
I must be crazy cos the world bought into Wii and not 3DS.

You must be. The 3DS, as of now, has no good original games. Not one.

The Wii, over the course of its life, has gained a fairly respectable catalogue of games. The 3DS will probably also have a good library at some point, but as of right now, to say that the 3DS is better than the Wii is ridiculous.
#4endoflevelboss(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2011 1:32:15 PM
I guess I just see the 3DS as having the potential to be a decent improvement over DS.

For me Wii seemed like a Gamecube with a control scheme that made it great for wacky mini game collections but worse for deeper/proper games. I hated the fact that lots of games employed control schemes that had waggling replace a simple button press. IMHO that was just unintuitive and annoying.
#5MageofBlood391Posted 7/29/2011 1:35:18 PM
The 3DS still has my interest four months after having bought it, which is something the Wii couldn't do. And I bought the Wii pretty well into its lifespan.
---
Smart ninja-type dude.
#6endoflevelboss(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2011 1:39:06 PM
Come on Nintendo. The hardware is sound. The price now makes it affordable to the masses. We just need some sodding games to play on it ;-)
#7bigshot2000Posted 7/29/2011 1:42:02 PM
Same for me. The Wii never really won me over, though i still enjoyed me time playing metriod prime, smash bros and the galaxys, the Wii is not very high on my console list.

But i will say that the DS was well loved and the 3DS is hot on its heals. It was a bit boring at first, but now that i have OoT, DOA:D and Mercinaries, i am very contemped.
---
If 3DS is announced to be coming out in November
ShadowofStatue: I will pee, for the first time in my life T-Viral-X: You...YOU ARE INHUMAN!
#8zeldashoPosted 7/29/2011 1:44:20 PM
Much much less dissapointing for me personally. I brought a Wii at launch (Which i regret, should have gotten a 360 or PS3 instead <_<).

Barely played it after Twilight Princess, didnt touch it until Smash Bros came out, then barely touched it until Mario Kart came out. And its been sitting in my closet dusty for the past year or so.

I pretty much take my 3DS with me almost everywhere i go. (Major case of gamer pockets here :P). The 3-D has surprised me so far at how amazing it can look with certain games, and i cant wait for some of these upcoming games to come out. (Namely Devil Survivor Overclocked next month)
---
GT:OmegaXP PSN: SgtWiggles MGO:Sgt.Jiggles
Now Playing:MGO, SSF4:AE, DW:Gundam 3, BlazBlue CS, Arcana Heart 3, EDF, Insect Armageddon, Etrian Oddysey 3
#9OmegaZero633Posted 7/29/2011 1:44:56 PM
MageofBlood391 posted...
The 3DS still has my interest four months after having bought it, which is something the Wii couldn't do. And I bought the Wii pretty well into its lifespan.

Same here. o.o
---
My 3DS FC is 4854-6508-4956.
Let me know if you want to add me so I can add you. :)
#10cheeseyrox2Posted 7/29/2011 1:49:58 PM(edited)
It's way too early to give the verdict on the entire system yet. 3DS is a fledgling platform. Wii is in its twilight. I know you guys realize this but...

I'm just a bit done with how people talk about the entire 3DS system in past-tense, as a failure, when it most likely will take off this Holiday season. It has so much potential. I probably prefer the DS' library over the Wii's, even though I prefer some Wii games over any of my DS games. DS just had a higher quantity of quality games. I still love my Wii though.

Why should we speak in disappointments? Why are we so jaded? It wasn't always like this...
---
If I were stuck on an island with Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Modern Warfare 2, I would play Super Mario Galaxy 2 first. People who agree: 222