4.32 million sold in 5 months is not a failure

#1xLexLuth0rxPosted 7/29/2011 2:00:34 PM
Yeah it's not what Nintendo expected but it's not a small number either. It's had a rough start but I think Nintendo will pull this out just fine.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof* he's gone."
#2PhantomSwordPosted 7/29/2011 2:01:31 PM
Yes it is, especially when 3.6 million of those were sold in a month. That's a HUGE slow down.
---
My favorite part of the day is when she dance in the mirror.
#3nuclearratchetPosted 7/29/2011 2:01:55 PM
xLexLuth0rx posted...
Yeah it's not what Nintendo expected but it's not a small number either. It's had a rough start but I think Nintendo will pull this out just fine.

the xbox kinect sold 8 million in just 80 days........
#4E-25Posted 7/29/2011 2:02:11 PM
~700k in 3 months however was a huge failure and showed how quickly it was drying up. The only other thing that's at that pace right now is Texas!
---
Kowtow to your new overlords!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCpdDS3L2xs
#5psoesmPosted 7/29/2011 2:04:28 PM
Dont you guys know! Nintendo's a home brand now!

-Fanboy, pre-3ds launch
---
Hello. I'm Psoesm and I game on Linux!
This ad paid for by Ubuntu.
#6LightHawKnightPosted 7/29/2011 2:05:21 PM
Don't forget this sucker came outside the holidays. A lot of trolls seem to forget that when bashing the sales.

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
#7AP3BrainPosted 7/29/2011 2:06:19 PM
One of the big problem was the RATE it was selling at. The rate was slowing down despite it not being that high. This in any business is horrible. You don't want the market trend slowing down like that.
#8nuclearratchetPosted 7/29/2011 2:06:20 PM
LightHawKnight posted...
Don't forget this sucker came outside the holidays. A lot of trolls seem to forget that when bashing the sales.

doesnt really mean anything lots of places in the world dont celebrate christmas
#9xLexLuth0rx(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2011 2:07:10 PM
nuclearratchet posted...
the xbox kinect sold 8 million in just 80 days........

You're comparing an accessory that's roughly half the cost to a portable game system? And a large % of that 8 million were actually given away in contests, etc.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof* he's gone."
#10LightHawKnightPosted 7/29/2011 2:08:07 PM

doesnt really mean anything lots of places in the world dont celebrate christmas

When did I ever say christmas? I said holidays and there are a lot in that time of the year. Where lots of people celebrate all sorts of stuff and the US makes up a lot of the gaming population as well, which does have a lot of an effect when all these factors add up.

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."