Since Nintendo is Now Saying That They Should Focus on 3DS's Other Features

#1PhantomSwordPosted 7/29/2011 1:08:15 PM
Instead of just mainly the 3D, what do you guys think of the chances of getting a game without 3D now?

It would boost the graphics quite considerably, have anti-aliasing, be capable of more enemies on screen, etc. I'd like to see some (though I do like 3D).
---
My favorite part of the day is when she dance in the mirror.
#2mcsmellingtonPosted 7/29/2011 1:12:29 PM
I think it's ridiculous to be honest. The name of the console is the 3DS, and now they're dropping the focus from 3D.

Anyways, I'd be curious to see how a game could look without the 3D, although it'd be easier to develop. Now that Nintendo have announced theres less focus on 3D, that's a green light for all the Petz and Imagine! Games to be churned out just as they were on the DS, just with prettier graphics.
---
GT: McPoo
#3RomanticidePosted 7/29/2011 1:14:26 PM
I really couldn't care less about the 3D. It adds nothing and I barely even notice it's there anyway.

Notice how I said couldn't care less? It's not could care less because that makes no sense.
---
Gaming systems: PC, Ps2, Ps3, Gamecube, DS Lite, Xbox 360, Nintendo 64 and a Dreamcast
#4I_am_GyaradosPosted 7/29/2011 1:16:53 PM
Nintendo has said since the beginning that developers didn't have to use 3d if they didn't want to.
---
"I_am_gyarados is the kawaiiest fellow around" ~Wayward_Son_
#5E-25Posted 7/29/2011 1:17:41 PM
mcsmellington posted...
I think it's ridiculous to be honest. The name of the console is the 3DS, and now they're dropping the focus from 3D.

Eh, it could technically be seen as the 3rd of the DS line if you count the i as the second iteration. Remember, this is the company that puts part of the system's name into the titles of the games.
(Super [anything on SNES], [Title] 64, GC dodged it (^^), Wii had plenty along with the DS having subtitles that could be abbreviated "DS", and now the 3DS shall continue living it up (especially if that KH game is ever made... Dream Drop Distance... good grief, they probably took 5 months just trying to do that part of the game, no wonder it's still under 50% done)
---
Kowtow to your new overlords!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCpdDS3L2xs
#6elheberPosted 7/29/2011 1:20:47 PM
They're dropping 3D as the primary focus in terms of marketting, not asking developers to ignore 3D.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
#7PhantomSword(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2011 1:29:28 PM
I_am_Gyarados posted...
Nintendo has said since the beginning that developers didn't have to use 3d if they didn't want to.

Yes, I know this - do you think that perhaps developers will take advantage of this?
---
My favorite part of the day is when she dance in the mirror.