Nintendo is done...

#1mkiconPosted 7/29/2011 2:20:45 PM
overcharging for the 3DS.

Now that the holidays are approaching, and many a good game on the horizon the system WILL explode.

If you think nintendo is "hurting" you don't know much about the gaming industry.
#2Xcon3Posted 7/29/2011 2:22:14 PM(edited)
Nintendo is still the powerhouse of the gaming industry at the moment.

Sure this hurt them, but it won't lead to anything terrible.
---
Brawl Code: 1032-0922-1772 Brawl Name: D
RIP: Orlando of the Axe Karma: 1642 --he delivered!
#3E-25Posted 7/29/2011 2:22:17 PM
mkicon posted...
Now that the holidays are approaching, and many a good game on the horizon the system WILL explode.

If you think nintendo is "hurting" you don't know much about the gaming industry.

Isn't Nintendo hurting us, what with the point blank explosions and whatnot?
---
Kowtow to your new overlords!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCpdDS3L2xs
#4cheeseyrox2Posted 7/29/2011 2:22:29 PM
It should take off. If it doesn't, then it's not only Nintendo's problem. I doubt the Vita would sell well too. Then it becomes the gaming industry's problem.
---
If I were stuck on an island with Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Modern Warfare 2, I would play Super Mario Galaxy 2 first. People who agree: 222
#5strikebowler585Posted 7/29/2011 2:41:05 PM
I blame it on the progress of other handheld devices (such as the Droid phones).

Even phones nowadays are completely capable of gaming.

I, along with many other people, have a console and a cell phone. I really find that there's no point in having an expensive handheld when I can get a free phone with a contract that is capable of playing games of satisfactory quality.

However, my opinion deviates from many others because I personally think the Droid X sucks. I'm certain that the X2 has fixed nearly all of the problems (too slow, gets stuck on reboot, battery drains while using only 1 app, battery door hinge breaks), but now I'm thinking of getting just a feature phone that loads the simple features instantly, then something like an iTouch that contains apps.

With my current situation above, it puts the 3DS at a priority where I will only get it if the handhelds with apps don't satisfy me.

I also don't see the Wii U being successful at all. The controller is completely unorthodox and maybe a bit uncomfortable for some people. I like the idea that you can have options with the screen on the controller, but looking down and back up could be a problem and become annoying after a while. I find that pressing start is easier than looking down at something such as a walkthrough. If the Wii U doesn't require a TV for anything, then I can see the controller getting some use.

I think that in order for Nintendo to be more successful, they're gonna have to focus on graphics and internet capabilities from now on instead of this gimmicky stuff. They were right about innovative products being more successful than powerful ones, but that was only true for a short time.

I feel that in time, Nintendo will still hold their status as a successful gaming industry once Sony, Microsoft and possibly other companies release their consoles and handhelds and people will be able to compare them to Nintendo. As long as Sony doesn't target little kids with the Vita, Nintendo should still stay satisfactory in the handheld business.
#6Mariofan15Posted 7/29/2011 2:44:12 PM
No,they arent. You people are overreacting way to much. Also,the price has NOTHING to do with what's going on.
---
Pokemon White:1163-1399-0122
Nintendo 3DS:3394-3658-2611
#7cheeseyrox2Posted 7/29/2011 2:47:56 PM(edited)
Mariofan15 posted...
No,they arent. You people are overreacting way to much. Also,the price has NOTHING to do with what's going on.

Read the OP, lol. He said Nintendo is done overcharging the 3DS.

Which they are.

I agree with the doom and gloom and "nintendo is d0med" reactions though. That's just annoying.
---
If I were stuck on an island with Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Modern Warfare 2, I would play Super Mario Galaxy 2 first. People who agree: 222