And now Kotaku advises people how to get in on the great deal!

#1xLexLuth0rxPosted 7/29/2011 3:13:28 PM(edited)
Have to love a site like theirs also advising people to look into this. Not the best bet though as more exposure will certainly make the retailers more aware of it - as if they didn't or won't know of it to begin with. Oh and in case my opinion of this is in question - I'm all in favor for it.

And the last line sums it up pretty nice: "It may sound a bit skeevy, but I figure that any retailer that is knowingly selling hardware at a price that will drop in a couple of weeks, deserves the extra heat."

http://kotaku.com/5825878/how-to-collect-your-20-free-3ds-games-and-maybe-a-little-cash-on-the-side
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof* he's gone."
#2AP3BrainPosted 7/29/2011 3:11:49 PM
How IMMORAL of Kotaku! They are HORRIBLE people. They should feel bad for spreading this EVIL CURSE upon the internetz. *rolls eyes*
#3rustyshotgunPosted 7/29/2011 3:11:51 PM
I hope Nintendo is aware of this situation, and lets the place of business know of the potential scam.
#4Xcon3Posted 7/29/2011 3:13:48 PM
Well it isn't a "situation" or a scam...

Nintendo loses no money whatsoever.

And to retailers it is business as usual.
---
Brawl Code: 1032-0922-1772 Brawl Name: D
RIP: Orlando of the Axe Karma: 1642 --he delivered!
#5SShredder565Posted 7/29/2011 3:20:09 PM
Well technically they are losing potential money. For example, someone who is not part of the Ambassador Program who would have bought the NES LoZ in the future for 5 bucks is no longer going to buy it.

But, whatever. I'm not going to take sides on this whole thing. It's kind of just set up to be taken advantage of, and you're not evil for doing it XD
#6CommanderxGreenPosted 7/29/2011 3:21:15 PM
The amount of people who'll have the intelligence to pull this one off is a drop in the bucket to Nintendo. Stop making such a big deal over it. Retailers don't stand to lose anything from this. Nintendo stands to lose very little.

The people this seems to be upsetting the most are the people who already own a 3DS.
---
MegaMan Legends 3 is cancelled. I am dead inside.
#7NyyarkPosted 7/29/2011 3:22:48 PM
Kotaku is a sub blog of Giz, which is a tech blog rather notorious for not being ethical. :P