Guys, don't you see what Nintendo is doing? (loophole related)

#111shadetail1Posted 7/29/2011 3:36:42 PM
["The 20 games are bait. Incentive to lure people in. Even if they use this supposed loophole, the console was coming down in price anyway. Word of mouth is now going around. So between the free games and the price drop, the systems are going to fly off the shelves. No matter what, Nintendo is laughing all the way to the bank and I say more power to them."]

And it's working. I'm still on the fence, but 20 free games *and* an $80 rebate is very tempting. I might go for it.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#12Big_IsaacPosted 7/29/2011 3:36:43 PM
I don't get the big outcry either
this isn't piracy. Nintendo isn't losing money on people exploiting the loophole

I don't think what TC is thinking about is Nintendo's strategy, though
it's more likely that they want to milk the 250 price tag for all it's worth
they wanna lure in as many people with that 20 game offer as possible, so they buy before the price cut happens
---
waiting for Golden Sun 3DS
My FF ratings (out of 10): I: 5, II: 6, III: 4, IV: 8, V: 9, VI: 7.5, VII: 6, VIII: 3, IX: 8, X: 10, X-2: 8.5, XII: 8
#13MonopomanPosted 7/29/2011 3:36:55 PM
DarkECOJak posted...
explain this to the whiteknights - they feel nintendo is getting ripped off immensely.

I'll defend Nintendo with every fiber of my being in most situations. If I can tell they're gonna profit from this, then some people must be pretty adamant. Like a previous poster said, only retailers will suffer. Not Nintendo's problem.

Spoken like a true fanboy sir!