What are some great 3ds games that are already out.

#1superhero94Posted 7/29/2011 2:32:45 PM
So im getting a 3ds on wednesday and im looking for some games. Im extremely interested in the cartoon network game. Other than that what quality games are out.
#2Prince ShondronaiPosted 7/29/2011 2:36:04 PM
The Cartoon Network Smash Brothers clone has gotten pretty bad reviews. I still really want to try it myself, but just be forewarned.

Ocarina of Time 3D, Dead or Alive Dimensions, and Pilotwings are my favorite games on the system right now.
#3pikachupwnagePosted 7/29/2011 2:36:15 PM
OOT 3D, and ghost recon shadow wars come to mind
---
Luigi is better then mario *raises flame shield* proud owner of 3ds and wii member of the Extraordinary League of Nuzlockers
#4AP3BrainPosted 7/29/2011 2:38:04 PM
Unless you like fighters on a portable and rereleases of 12 year old games there isn't very much right now. But they are going to come out with Mario and Mario Kart. If you haven't played Tales of the Abyss I would get that.
#5superhero94(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2011 2:46:52 PM(edited)
Yeah im buying the 3ds with the future in mind. I havent played tale of the abyss and i really want to. Luigis mansion, kh 3d, mario kart and a huge list of games upcoming games. I have played OOT to death but i suppose i will be buying it again. I have never been a huge DOA fan. I will try ghost recon. Can somebody explain pilot wings to me?
#6TheSPPPosted 7/29/2011 2:45:18 PM
Super Street Fighter 4 is great, though it has a pretty steep learning curve.
---
Hello :D
GT:xxThe Biesxx
#7BurgerTime79Posted 7/29/2011 2:46:04 PM
I held out on Punch Time Explosion because they're doing a console version with more characters. They're trying to get Ed, Edd and Eddy, Courage the Cowardly Dog, and Tom from Toonami into it.

Most of the fighting games like Street Fighter and Dead or Alive are really good. Of course Ocarina of Time. Pilot Wings isn't too bad. Those are all the ones I currently have right now.
---
We need NO 3rd party characters in the upcoming Smash Bros!
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/games.php?u=256817
#8FaelorPosted 7/29/2011 3:00:54 PM
Dead or Alive: Dimensions is a good fighter, and Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D is a pretty good rendition of the minigame. I own both and I recommend them.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3437 3093 1478
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 1248 8034 0464
#9MarioLinkGenofaPosted 7/29/2011 3:01:36 PM
TheSPP posted...
Super Street Fighter 4 is great, though it has a pretty steep learning curve.

...not if you've played any non-smash fighter ever...
---
ROW ROW Fight Da powah
Cheap is an idiots word for effective.
#10Thirdrail1Posted 7/29/2011 3:02:35 PM
Since this system has the least mysterious library ever (Zelda, Pilotwings, Street Fighter, etc), I'm going to assume that what you're really asking is, "Are any of the little third party launch titles actually worth buying?"

Ghost Recon Shadow Wars is a surprisingly well designed turn based strategy game. It won't dazzle you with graphics, and the story is standard video game strike force nonsense, but it's challenging and fun and, perhaps most importantly, it doesn't ask you to use your shiny new 2011 handheld to play a 15 year old N64 game.
---
@Thirdrail1 on Twitter.
Understand this: Game reviews are written by people who think being a "video game journalist" is possible.