Am I the only one who's bothered by the fact that...

#1HollowNinjaPosted 7/29/2011 3:53:30 PM
Downloads from the eShop are tied to the device, not to the account? I find this troubling. That's some seriously horrible and restrictive DRM right there. Why is there no complaining about this?
---
http://backloggery.com/hollowninja Steam: DJ illi ill
PSN: DJ_iLLi_iLL XBL: DJ iLLi iLL
#2pnututPosted 7/29/2011 3:55:25 PM
Oh boy, thanks for bringing this up again. There has been plenty said about it.
---
What did I do now?
#3Xcon3Posted 7/29/2011 3:55:56 PM
Yeah I REALLY dislike this too...
---
Brawl Code: 1032-0922-1772 Brawl Name: D
RIP: Orlando of the Axe Karma: 1642 --he delivered!
#4chucklehofftPosted 7/29/2011 3:56:15 PM
OhBoyHereWeGo.jpg
---
3DS FC (PM w/ your FC if you add me): 3995 6506 3259
Phantasy Star 2 screen name: Clavis II |Class: Hunter |Race: Newman
#5cheeseyrox2Posted 7/29/2011 3:56:34 PM
Something Nintendo needs to fix with their new online strategy.
---
If I were stuck on an island with Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Modern Warfare 2, I would play Super Mario Galaxy 2 first. People who agree: 222
#6HollowNinja(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2011 3:58:33 PM
pnutut posted...

And? They haven't fixed it. This is not some minor thing that can be overlooked. This is a pretty major thing. It's a big deal since every other significant download service I know of tied downloads to the account, even if it has a limit on how many times something can be downloaded.

Until they change this, I will never buy a game off the eShop. It's pretty ridiculous and backwards to tie downloads to the device.
---
http://backloggery.com/hollowninja Steam: DJ illi ill
PSN: DJ_iLLi_iLL XBL: DJ iLLi iLL
#7Mariofan15Posted 7/29/2011 4:01:12 PM
HollowNinja posted...
Downloads from the eShop are tied to the device, not to the account? I find this troubling. That's some seriously horrible and restrictive DRM right there. Why is there no complaining about this?

Because it's stupid. It makes sense to tie it to the 3DS so you cant share the games with another system which would force the other person to download them.
---
Pokemon White:1163-1399-0122
Nintendo 3DS:3394-3658-2611
#8pnututPosted 7/29/2011 4:03:02 PM
HollowNinja posted...
pnutut posted...

And? They haven't fixed it. This is not some minor thing that can be overlooked. This is a pretty major thing. It's a big deal since every other significant download service I know of tied downloads to the account, even if it has a limit on how many times something can be downloaded.

Until they change this, I will never buy a game off the eShop. It's pretty ridiculous and backwards to tie downloads to the device.

I'm not defending it. Don't hold your breath though. Nintendo isn't going to change their policy on that anytime soon.
---
What did I do now?
#9davekaminskasPosted 7/29/2011 4:04:15 PM
Isn't it kind of linked to the account. I mean when you buy the game Nintendo knows you bought it. (They send you a survey) So... if there was ever a problem I am sure all your downloads are backed on their computers and they could probably take care of you. I don't know, I am just guessing.
#1094067Posted 7/29/2011 4:22:42 PM
Bad topic title: Am I the only one who's bothered by downloads being tied to a device rather than an account?
Good topic title: It bothers me that downloads are tied to the device, not an account
---
27 games reviewed to date; latest review: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (GBC), Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii)
http://backloggery.com/94067