History Says The 3DS is Doomed.......

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. History Says The 3DS is Doomed.......
5 years ago#1
http://ds.ign.com/articles/118/1184980p1.html

Not my words.
But, from the professional writers of this site.

I'm not sure what to make of it. But, I wouldn't be surprised.
"In the land of the one-eyed, the TWO eyed man is king."
Maximus Padicus
5 years ago#2
The Nintendo DS only got a price drop after Nintendo released the DS Lite over a year and a half later.

Factually incorrect.

I think.
If I were stuck on an island with Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Modern Warfare 2, I would play Super Mario Galaxy 2 first. People who agree: 222
(message deleted)
5 years ago#4
History says Nintendo handhelds always do ridiculously well, last time I checked :\
Phoenix Wright in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3! http://i56.tinypic.com/2i67ix.png
Official Steel Samurai of the MvC3 board
5 years ago#5
Maybe doomed has a new meaning.
You... you got pain - at least you know you're alive.
5 years ago#6
RPG_THEORlST posted...
Doom is far different from mediocrity, which the GCN and N64 achieved. And I would love for the 3DS to fail, but I don't see "doom" like the Virtua Boy.

Troll?
Hello :D
GT:xxThe Biesxx
5 years ago#7
History says Mario Kart and platforming Mario do well over the holidays.

I don't think we've seen both in the same holiday season ever though
If I were stuck on an island with Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Modern Warfare 2, I would play Super Mario Galaxy 2 first. People who agree: 222
5 years ago#8
cheeseyrox2 posted...
The Nintendo DS only got a price drop after Nintendo released the DS Lite over a year and a half later.

Factually incorrect.

I think.

I recall the price being cut to $129 just 9 months after launch. Even then, I don't think the system sold all that well, until Mario Kart DS and NSMB were released.
5 years ago#9
That's what I thought too. I thought the DS launched at $170 and then got a $40 price cut.

It's kinda hard to find stuff like that now though, and it's been a while, lol. But yeah, DS was launched in 2004. I didn't even really hear about it until 2006, after NSMBDS.
5 years ago#10
To quote You're The Best, "History repeats itself, try and you'll succeed."
I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. History Says The 3DS is Doomed.......

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived