I hope retailers deny price-matching

#1__Gaminator__Posted 7/29/2011 8:32:29 PM(edited)
So that th greedy gamers who think they're superior for finding a loophole will complain when they're shut out of their master plan to save 80 dollars.

...And so that these topics (guilty) will finally come to an end.
---
Bear in my oatmeal!
#2Genericgamer667Posted 7/29/2011 8:31:51 PM
this topic will go over very well
#3LightHawKnightPosted 7/29/2011 8:31:59 PM
Meh I really couldn't care less. The only problem I see is that retailers getting wary about Nintendo for them losing money. Which is kinda stupid, since well they could change their policy to fix such problems.

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
#4Soccer009Posted 7/29/2011 8:34:13 PM
most stores in my local area are denying the price match for the 3DS if they're opened like Gamestop, Wal Mart, and Best Buy
#5Dual_SwordPosted 7/29/2011 8:34:34 PM
I'm more inteested if it will actually work. But if it does then that's fine with me, not my problem.
---
3DS is finished.
#6trizznillaPosted 7/29/2011 8:36:36 PM
Anybody here even bother to call some retailers to see what their policy will be? My efforts today revealed that Gamestop & Best Buy won't be handing back $80 to anyone. Better camp out in front of Target, until they reveal their policy.
---
hardcore about the casual.
#7LightHawKnightPosted 7/29/2011 8:37:43 PM

Anybody here even bother to call some retailers to see what their policy will be? My efforts today revealed that Gamestop & Best Buy won't be handing back $80 to anyone. Better camp out in front of Target, until they reveal their policy.

Most people are planning on going there to try it instead of calling and warning them about it.

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
#8BraveAdolPosted 7/29/2011 8:39:45 PM
By being against this, you're fully acknowledging that Nintendo screwed early adopters over with the system's initial pricing. If you did not feel that this is some necessary recompense for the egregious amount you were overcharged, then why else would you be sore about people late to the party getting in on the deal too?

Tell me why you would still defend them on this, knowing that?
---
Living in the sprawl, dead shopping malls rise like mountains beyond mountains
<3 Emily Haines of Metric is a GODDESS <3
#9OmegaZero633Posted 7/29/2011 8:48:58 PM
BraveAdol posted...
By being against this, you're fully acknowledging that Nintendo screwed early adopters over with the system's initial pricing. If you did not feel that this is some necessary recompense for the egregious amount you were overcharged, then why else would you be sore about people late to the party getting in on the deal too?

Tell me why you would still defend them on this, knowing that?

I don't hear anyone else but TC defending it. o.o

Besides, why does the concept of people choosing to defend something that they think is right upset you?
Are you sore about the price drop? Or upset about people's opinions differing from yours?
---
My 3DS FC is 4854-6508-4956.
Let me know if you want to add me so I can add you. :)
#101shadetail1Posted 7/29/2011 8:52:20 PM
My local Best Buy gave me an enthusiastic "yes" on this. Just come back with the receipt and they will refund the difference, they told me. And the fellow who told me actually called over his superior and asked her for confirmation, just to make sure.

My local Gamestops, by contrast, both said no refund.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.