Remeber when eveyone thought the DS was going to fail and Nintedno will fall?

#1Marcster1994Posted 7/29/2011 9:01:44 PM
Look how that turned out?
Everyone is blowing everything out of proportion. Nintendo isn't "doomed", they're long from it. The only way to truly be sure is during the holidays.
---
3DS FC: 4725-7947-0440
B/W FC: 0819 4333 0352
#2OmegaZero633Posted 7/29/2011 9:03:59 PM
inb4it'sadifferentsituation
---
My 3DS FC is 4854-6508-4956.
Let me know if you want to add me so I can add you. :)
#3LightHawKnightPosted 7/29/2011 9:06:29 PM(edited)
Do we need another topic about this? All you are doing is feeding the trolls and making them happier, which keeps them away from their bridges.

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
#4VyersPosted 7/29/2011 9:10:55 PM
Marcster1994 posted...
Everyone is blowing everything out of proportion. Nintendo isn't "doomed", they're long from it. The only way to truly be sure is during the holidays.

Why is this a similar situation? Is this the answer to every underperforming Nintendo console? For the remainder of time, is the DS proof that a Nintendo console will absolutely sell?
---
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Stacking, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, inFamous
#5gransPosted 7/29/2011 9:16:48 PM

Marcster1994 posted...

Why is this a similar situation? Is this the answer to every underperforming Nintendo console? For the remainder of time, is the DS proof that a Nintendo console will absolutely sell?

Not exactly the same scenario (similar), but the DS is just proof that people who judge a system based on very early sales figures are morons and that just because the sales aren't great at first, doesn't mean that they won't get better. That's not proof that they WILL get better, but the DS is certainly proof that people who jump to conclusions and judge a system that hasn't even been out for six months yet are just idiots. And potentially setting themselves up to look like jackasses. Try coming back in about a year or so and tell us that the 3DS is a complete failure (if it were, it would be dead by then anyways).
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#6r_m_8_8Posted 7/29/2011 9:22:54 PM
It may or may not be the same situation. The bashers can't know for sure, no one can know for sure. But it is annoying to read so many doomsday predictions. I'm used to it, though, I've owned several consoles that were "dead" according to GameFAQs like DS and PS3.

And if 3DS is indeed outsold by Vita (which I'll also own), I still wouldn't care, because the "failed" Nintendo consoles (N64 and GCN) were fantastic and got lot of awesome games.
---
Play games, not systems. There are people who like games that you don't, grow up.
#7Genericgamer667Posted 7/29/2011 9:24:05 PM
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm289/_ORIONSTAR/1311877568523.jpg

so different
#8VyersPosted 7/29/2011 9:25:58 PM
grans posted...
Marcster1994 posted...

Not exactly the same scenario (similar), but the DS is just proof that people who judge a system based on very early sales figures are morons and that just because the sales aren't great at first, doesn't mean that they won't get better. That's not proof that they WILL get better, but the DS is certainly proof that people who jump to conclusions and judge a system that hasn't even been out for six months yet are just idiots. And potentially setting themselves up to look like jackasses. Try coming back in about a year or so and tell us that the 3DS is a complete failure (if it were, it would be dead by then anyways).

Well, we aren't jumping to conclusions. Hell, just two days ago Iwata confirmed how bad the 3DS was doing by doing the biggest and fastest Nintendo price drop that has ever occurred in their history as a video game company.
---
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Stacking, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, inFamous
#9Starsoul_klrPosted 7/29/2011 9:33:01 PM
Someone tell me it's not worse then the Mirco...

I doubt it'll fall from this one system. Nintendo has had it's bad day with systems before...
---
Petition to get Medarot DS localized!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/974889-medarot-ds-kabuto-version/54944880
#10gransPosted 7/29/2011 9:44:49 PM

Well, we aren't jumping to conclusions. Hell, just two days ago Iwata confirmed how bad the 3DS was doing by doing the biggest and fastest Nintendo price drop that has ever occurred in their history as a video game company.

You are indeed jumping to conclusions. Your statements indicate that you think the 3DS might not sell at all. People are saying the 3DS is dead in the water at this very moment. Until every third party jumps ship, all games are canceled, and the system is discontinued, it's not doom and gloom. The same sorts of complaints happened with the DS, regardless of how Nintendo responds to them. They were wrong there, so there's just no reasoning behind pulling hasty assumptions out of one's ass, especially when you're trying to make a judgement based on a system that hasn't even been out for 6 months yet.

There's a lot of good reasons Nintendo did this dramatic price cut. It doesn't mean the system is dying by any means. Preparing for the impending Vita. Very possibly they are learning not to underestimate Sony as much as they used to now that they have experience and reasonable in the handheld market. True competition from rivals in the handheld league is something still relatively new for Nintendo, something they know now that they must make plans to counter. Instead of waiting too late until the Vita has released and people have chosen it. The price cut will more than likely really kick things into gear, not to mention the three 3DS exclusive NEW first party games coming out during the holidays. That's a far better argument to support that the system WILL eventually sell well than trying to assume you know the system will be dead come a year from now. Nintendo is effectively addressing and correcting the two most prominent complaints that everyone is making- no great NEW first party games and high price. Literally two birds with one stone. Heck, i've seen a fair amount of people around the net that intend to buy the system BEFORE the price drop, just to get the 20 free VC games. So Nintendo is making a very wise marketing decision IMO.

Iwata also never said the system was selling badly (you're putting words in his mouth), just under performing under expectations. It's selling decently, but not great. The problem is that there was also an over supply of systems. And a hopes that third party developers could cover the system for a while without competition from Nintendo's own games (bad mistake there).
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville