Anyone else actually like touchscreen control for shooters?

#1MetroidJunkiePosted 7/29/2011 8:21:20 PM
It seems like alot of people on here think touchscreen is just so bad compared to dual analog. In my experience, I've never had any problems with using the touchscreen to aim and, infact, I like the sense of accuracy. Maybe I'm biased because I grew up on PC shooters and not console ones. What do you guys think?
#21geckoPosted 7/29/2011 8:22:25 PM
I agree.

MPH was amazing, I want a new one please.
#3OmegaZero633Posted 7/29/2011 8:58:04 PM
Same. I've never had problems with cramps, either.
---
My 3DS FC is 4854-6508-4956.
Let me know if you want to add me so I can add you. :)
#4MetroidJunkie(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2011 9:01:20 PM
I never understood that. Hell, Goldeneye 007 DS may not be as good as its Wii counterpart but I still have fun with it, and I never felt like the touchscreen was an issue with aiming. Same with Metroid Prime Hunters, even though I hope they don't make another one unless they focus on single player first this time.
#5obishawnPosted 7/29/2011 9:14:34 PM
Initially, I was opposed to using the touch screen controls and tried using the full button controls for MPH. Later, I played Dementium: The Ward and had to use the stylus and freaking loved it. I then began to buy every DS FPS. Went back and played MPH using the stylus and love it too.
---
http://www.metroidmetal.com - Metroid music remixed to metal
http://www.backloggery.com/obishawn - See my sidebar for more free VG music
#6Iced_ShadowsPosted 7/29/2011 9:14:37 PM
Heh, I thought I was alone here. I absolutely LOVE touchscreen controls for shooters. In fact, I am only good with touch controls. I am absolutely terrible at shooters without it, but with it, I'm actually a pretty formidable opponent on Metroid Prime Hunters. ^_^;
---
Shadow Temple...
Here is gathered Hyrule's bloody history of greed and hatred... - Shadow Temple Walls
#7MetroidJunkie(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2011 9:15:39 PM
Good to know I'm not the only one thinking the complaints about a lack of dual analog are kind of stupid.
#8mcsmellingtonPosted 7/29/2011 9:18:36 PM
I don't mind them, but without a doubt I'd prefer dual sticks, the touchscreen method gave me hand cramps before. That said, I dunno about how good Vitas sticks look... They look a bit small to be any good >_<
---
GT: McPoo
#9DraizenDatainPosted 7/29/2011 9:22:42 PM
I've always loved using Stylus controls for DS FPS games.
---
PSN: SoulWing
Gamertag: KuroZakku
#10TheSPPPosted 7/29/2011 9:24:24 PM
The Dementium games, Moon, and Metroid all played beautifully with touch screen controls.
---
Hello :D
GT:xxThe Biesxx